• Status
    Not open for further replies.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    It's not the grips causing that problem. . .

Thanks to all for the sympathy about my pooch. When we all get together to shoot on the farm in October, I'll tell you how she came to be mine.

Speaking of October. . .I'd really like to have as many as can make it down to visit and shoot some Saturday afternoon this fall. 7th/14th/21st are probably our choices, as Halloween will be big on the 28th. Guess we could have a costume shoot. I'll come as an old man with an old gun.:):
    First three weekends have a better chance of better weather. Trees should be pretty. Little Nashville will be hoppin. If we can reach some consensus, I'll schedule a maintenance/vacation day the Friday before.

I would be in, for that .....

I am OLD, too .....

I have STEEL, and WOOD guns .....

Single Actions ..... too .....

and I have a CZ ..... 75 b .....

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    We shot the CZ75B and the PCR today. The wife still likes the full size. Both of them shot really well and still kind of surprise me how accurate they are.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Morning folks! :coffee:

I used to try to take twice the amount of ammo that I planned on shooting on a range trip. If I was shooting well, I'd keep shooting and if I was not shooting well, I'd stop before I reached what I planned on shooting. In other words, I'd take 400 rounds if I planned on shooting 200. If I was having a bad day, I'd stop at 100 and if I were just doing normal, I'd run the 200 rounds. But, if I were burning the place down with my awesomeness, I'd run the full 400. The theory was that I did not want to practice how to shoot poorly and would stop shooting if I were having a sucky day but if I were having a really good day, I wanted to put extra time into practicing how to do it right.

I did that for about a year or so until my lack of discipline and love of shooting just took over and now I usually shoot all that I bring whether I'm shooting well or really sucking.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Morning folks! :coffee:

I used to try to take twice the amount of ammo that I planned on shooting on a range trip. If I was shooting well, I'd keep shooting and if I was not shooting well, I'd stop before I reached what I planned on shooting. In other words, I'd take 400 rounds if I planned on shooting 200. If I was having a bad day, I'd stop at 100 and if I were just doing normal, I'd run the 200 rounds. But, if I were burning the place down with my awesomeness, I'd run the full 400. The theory was that I did not want to practice how to shoot poorly and would stop shooting if I were having a sucky day but if I were having a really good day, I wanted to put extra time into practicing how to do it right.

I did that for about a year or so until my lack of discipline and love of shooting just took over and now I usually shoot all that I bring whether I'm shooting well or really sucking.

Round count depends on the day and what I have brought with me.
    Also solo or accompanied makes a big diff.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    A social range trip skews how much I shoot. Or, more accurately, what I shoot. I tend to shoot the bull more than the gun on a social range trip.

Oh, and on a side note, it's good to see both of the trigger buddah's online this morning. :):

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    The two of you, along with The Wizard, have guns that open people's eyes as to what a good shooting gun can be. I imagine that the experience of seeing someone awakened to what a good trigger is would be pretty satisfying. It also falls in with my theory of the two of you being Trigger Buddah's. You both enjoy showing others the way. Enlightening them in regards to the Zen in a great trigger.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    The two of you, along with The Wizard, have guns that open people's eyes as to what a good shooting gun can be. I imagine that the experience of seeing someone awakened to what a good trigger is would be pretty satisfying. It also falls in with my theory of the two of you being Trigger Buddah's. You both enjoy showing others the way. Enlightening them in regards to the Zen in a great trigger.

As I recall you have some pretty spectacular pieces yourself.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom