Not open for further replies.

CZ Top

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jul 5, 2017
    Vigo Co.
    Morning folks! :coffee:

What shop were you at with the T/S? I handled one down at The Outdoorsman in Greenwood and the trigger was on par or better than any of our tuned triggers and far lighter than I'd be comfortable carrying with. Carry is not what that gun was designed for though, so that's a non-issue.

It was indeed the Outdoorsman. I blame someone here who mentioned several being in stock there, so off I went and now they have one less PCR. And yeah the TS is salty and not a carry, but apparently a dang great competition gun. It felt pretty great in hand. I've gotten dangerously curious about the upper end CZs for steel/USPSA etc., and likely will succumb at some point, since I seem destined to eventually live in a van down by the river anyway. But that trigger, man. Real touchy. At least to my experience.

TWEAKD4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 31, 2012
    NE Indiana
    Got back today after father son getaway. We went on a 10 mile canoe trip, some .22 range time (rifle and pistol), camping and fishing. Had a great time and hope he remembers this when he is too cool to hang out with old dad.
    20170724_155128.jpg

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    It was indeed the Outdoorsman. I blame someone here who mentioned several being in stock there, so off I went and now they have one less PCR. And yeah the TS is salty and not a carry, but apparently a dang great competition gun. It felt pretty great in hand. I've gotten dangerously curious about the upper end CZs for steel/USPSA etc., and likely will succumb at some point, since I seem destined to eventually live in a van down by the river anyway. But that trigger, man. Real touchy. At least to my experience.

You really need to come and run some of ours. Triggers to seriously die for.

Not by but for just to be sure.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I guess I got a new to me CZ today. Wasn't really expecting to get it today. Not sure what I'm going to do with it.

I have three in that situation right now. Project guns eventually I think. Funny, but all three were sourced in Ft Wayne from fellow Czickoos. It will be interesting to see how you like the railed steel compact. They can be a bit on the heavy side for carry, but they sure do make for a sweet shooter. It gives you almost the shooting experience of the SP01 but in a size that can be carried.

That T/S has the lightest trigger I recall ever feeling on a production gun. I'm not sure if that's an anomaly or if that's just how they come, but when I fondled the T/S Orange down at Atterbury a couple of months back, I don't recall it being that light.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I can imagine! If it can happen I'm in, and happy to bring all mine for the cause.

The Wizard and I haven't done this in a while but in the past we have hosted a good number of shooters for an introduction to advanced CZ. I know Lafayette is quite a drive for you but I think at least some of the people who have made the trip found the experience worthwhile. We don't have the collection we once did but I am sure you would get a good sense for what CZs can become.

CZ Top

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jul 5, 2017
    Vigo Co.
    The Wizard and I haven't done this in a while but in the past we have hosted a good number of shooters for an introduction to advanced CZ. I know Lafayette is quite a drive for you but I think at least some of the people who have made the trip found the experience worthwhile. We don't have the collection we once did but I am sure you would get a good sense for what CZs can become.

Yes sir! I don't get around like I did as a young man, but I have sure driven further for less and Lafayette is only a couple of hours. I would love to get the sense of what CZs can become- well worth the trip for me. And I have a stock 75B, my first CZ in fact, perhaps the Wizard has interest in shaping it towards what it could become?
    If this could happen, count me in.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Yes sir! I don't get around like I did as a young man, but I have sure driven further for less and Lafayette is only a couple of hours. I would love to get the sense of what CZs can become- well worth the trip for me. And I have a stock 75B, my first CZ in fact, perhaps the Wizard has interest in shaping it towards what it could become?
    If this could happen, count me in.
    They don't call him the Wizard for nothing. Maybe we can get a particular miscreant to host us at MCF&G in exchange for a cheeseburger. That would cut your trip down to a manageable distance.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom