The Czickness XI: Fulcrum Trigger Blues.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Jeff

Home of the P7
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 28, 2008
    South Indy
    The Champ just didn't carry well for me. I carry appendix and felt the 5" barrel better helped stabilize the gun and hold the grip closer to my body. That and I just spent some time fondling both together and the Loaded just felt like it became part of me. Oh and I've become a 1911 snob, anything shorter than a 5" barrel is just wrong. ;)

Got me some new grips today!!! Black cherry slim line VZs with super swoop. Love them!

Nice panels there!

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    The Champ just didn't carry well for me. I carry appendix and felt the 5" barrel better helped stabilize the gun and hold the grip closer to my body. That and I just spent some time fondling both together and the Loaded just felt like it became part of me. Oh and I've become a 1911 snob, anything shorter than a 5" barrel is just wrong. ;)

Got me some new grips today!!! Black cherry slim line VZs with super swoop. Love them!

Looks good Rusty!

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    The thing I love about this thread is that it's pretty much open to anyone that wants to participate. There are a few caveats though. If you've met face to face a couple of times and know each other well, making fun of each other is Ok. If you are new to the group and don't have much background, you have to be careful. Think of it like that analogy of a bank account when discussing relationships. You have to put something in before you can make a withdrawal without incurring a penalty. BA, CM and others can allude to my being an idiot when I overthink an issue (a withdrawal) and I don't mind because they've been great in so many ways before (deposits) that their accounts are well funded. Now, if a newbie points out my idiocy as their first interaction, I might just take offense.

This thread is fueled by mutual respect. If someone jumps in and starts making fun of people without doing much to build a rapport, then yes, they'll probably feel like an outsider until they do add a bit. Think of it being a bit like the barber shop scene in 'Grand Torino'.

Oh, and the bar is pretty high now days. At a recent get together, I brought an '88 pre-B that's got a full Cajun Pro kit, polishing, SAO conversion and carbon fiber grips. The trigger breaks right at 2# and it was completely ignored. I'm not grumbling at all, but when there's a feast on the table, some tasty bits gets looked past unless they are pointed out. The thing about that gun is that there were a dozen on the table just as nice, if not nicer. It did not stand out in any way, so it was overlooked by everyone including me. The bar is high enough that it almost takes a Tilted Kilt girl holding a gun to get any attention.
    I agree with everything you said except for one thing. The thought of you being an idiot or anywhere close to it has never even crossed my mind. Oh wait, two things, that pre-B was hot. ;)

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Starting to feel like a Rusty 1911 Rescue Mission up here... So I have been thinking about a cheap handgun to practice gunsmithing jobs of varying sorts... This kinda just happened on a whim today.. Thanks, DOGG.... I think...

Older Chinese Norinco. I read good things about these as builders, we shall see. Gonna be a learning curve.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

OK.......I want that one back.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I am anxiously awaiting the re-arrival of an old friend.
    It has graced the hand gun safe in the past.
    It was a CZ prototype that was very well done.
    After some more tuning upgrades it will be coming home again.

More to follow.

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County
    The thing I love about this thread is that it's pretty much open to anyone that wants to participate. There are a few caveats though. If you've met face to face a couple of times and know each other well, making fun of each other is Ok. If you are new to the group and don't have much background, you have to be careful. Think of it like that analogy of a bank account when discussing relationships. You have to put something in before you can make a withdrawal without incurring a penalty. BA, CM and others can allude to my being an idiot when I overthink an issue (a withdrawal) and I don't mind because they've been great in so many ways before (deposits) that their accounts are well funded. Now, if a newbie points out my idiocy as their first interaction, I might just take offense.

This thread is fueled by mutual respect. If someone jumps in and starts making fun of people without doing much to build a rapport, then yes, they'll probably feel like an outsider until they do add a bit. Think of it being a bit like the barber shop scene in 'Grand Torino'.

Oh, and the bar is pretty high now days. At a recent get together, I brought an '88 pre-B that's got a full Cajun Pro kit, polishing, SAO conversion and carbon fiber grips. The trigger breaks right at 2# and it was completely ignored. I'm not grumbling at all, but when there's a feast on the table, some tasty bits gets looked past unless they are pointed out. The thing about that gun is that there were a dozen on the table just as nice, if not nicer. It did not stand out in any way, so it was overlooked by everyone including me. The bar is high enough that it almost takes a Tilted Kilt girl holding a gun to get any attention.

This is should be mandatory reading before anyone can post....and BTW, I have NEVER seen any idiocy come from any of your post. You have the utmost respect from me, I have learned a lot from you...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom