Not open for further replies.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    He calls a lot of us old man, you get used to it.

I prefer to call you guys seasoned veterans. Or maybe experienced guys. Buy never old men. However Rusty acts like an old man. He is the exception. I think he drank prune juice as a kid while playing bingo.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I prefer to call you guys seasoned veterans. Or maybe experienced guys. Buy never old men. However Rusty acts like an old man. He is the exception. I think he drank prune juice as a kid while playing bingo.
    I did play a lot of bingo as a kid. Cleaned out all the old people in Daytona Beach.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Wow, what a fantastic day so far. Met a buddy for breakfast and then out to the range. Got to try his two guns and got the shoot the heck out of my new Sig. Great range trip :yesway:

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    What a great day. I'm going between watching the race and listening to it from the garage. I love that it's aired real time, but my garage tradition is hard to step away from. I finished the refinish of my pre-B. I used to call it the 'Coyote Gun' because it was done initially in Coyote Tan. Not sure what to call it now. It's done in a dark metallic charcol grey with black controls.

The only issue I'm having right now is that after installing the Cajun parts, I'm not getting a proper trigger function. About 10% of the time, the SA trigger drops to the DA sear and then drops normally after that. Plus, after polishing the internals, the DA trigger sucks. I need to disassemble it again and check everything out. The parts installed were the extended FP and light spring, light trigger spring, 85C trigger, race ring hammer and adjustable sear, pre-B spacer and 11.5# hammer spring. I'm not sure what might have changed to interfere with the trigger bar and disconnector to impact that, but will pull the parts and polish them again.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Thanks BA, I've just started to go through those. I'm sure that it's something I overlooked and if I cannot figure it out by next weekend, I'll see if The Wizard can fit it into his schedule and take it back home with him. I've had pretty good success in polishing my CZs in the past, but must have missed something on this one. But, fortunately, we have a local source for making everything right.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Thanks BA, I've just started to go through those. I'm sure that it's something I overlooked and if I cannot figure it out by next weekend, I'll see if The Wizard can fit it into his schedule and take it back home with him. I've had pretty good success in polishing my CZs in the past, but must have missed something on this one. But, fortunately, we have a local source for making everything right.

Sometimes the positions of the springs can be tricky. He can probably figure it out pretty quickly.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Some of you have messed with the Tanfoglios, is it unusual to have the face of the guide rod where it meets the barrel all beat up?

I wouldn't think so. How's the seat in the frame look? Once installed, I dont' think the barrel makes contact with the barrel as much as the frame seat. Is this on the K2?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom