Not open for further replies.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Is it time to start deciding what we are going to take to the shoot? If it isn't it should be.

Right now, I'm thinking that I'll bring the compact 75B, stainless 75B and if I can finish it in time, the pre-B. I'm also planning on taking the CZ 1911 and the project gun so CM can try it out before I take it down to NC the following weekend. I'm not sure if I'll take the Witness 10mm since I've done nothing to that gun since the last CZ shoot. There will be better 10mm pistols there to shoot than this one, so this is not really adding anything to the shoot if I bring it along. I'll probably have the CCO there too.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Is it time to start deciding what we are going to take to the shoot? If it isn't it should be.

Good call.

Remember to put a dab of paint on the bottom of your mags so we don't have any misunderstandings.
    I use orange.
    The Wizard uses green.

I use blue on mine. Instead of a dab I have my initials.

Right now, I'm thinking that I'll bring the compact 75B, stainless 75B and if I can finish it in time, the pre-B. I'm also planning on taking the CZ 1911 and the project gun so CM can try it out before I take it down to NC the following weekend. I'm not sure if I'll take the Witness 10mm since I've done nothing to that gun since the last CZ shoot. There will be better 10mm pistols there to shoot than this one, so this is not really adding anything to the shoot if I bring it along. I'll probably have the CCO there too.

Look forward to trying out the guns you're bringing. I don't think I tried the CZ 1911 last shoot.

I'll have my CCO, my 40P, P-01 and Sig for sure. May bring my Loaded with the churchmouse tweaked trigger and/or my TacOps with the laser. Probably won't bring my 75B as it's stock and there isn't anything special about it. If I can get it up to the Wizard to have the new TruGlo TFX sights installed, I may bring it so everyone can try them out...

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I'm looking forward to trying out a P07. Been on the short list for a while, but have never shot one, so the hunger has not reached the tipping point yet. I'm also anxious to try out a P01. I have not shot an aluminum frame 9mm CZ before and am wondering how different they feel compared to a compact.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    BA, when you and the Wizard hot rodded your Pre-B, what parts did you use? I've been going over the CGW website and see that the Pre-B extended firing pin comes with a disclaimer regarding not to use it for SD, but competition only. I guess that with no FPS, an extended FP with a light FP spring makes for very little drop safety. I'd like to set mine up for mainly range use, but don't want to rule out carry since it is a service pistol. It's not going to be an EDC gun, but I'd like that option maybe. If I rule out the extended FP, then I think I'm stuck with the stock spring package. If that's the case, then there is not much to be done in the way of CGW parts and it becomes more of a restoration than an exercise in tuning.

Or, am I over thinking the extended FP issue? My goal was to do a hammer/sear kit, SRS and RRK and light springs. That would make for a fantastic range gun. Maybe that's all it needs to be.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    BA, when you and the Wizard hot rodded your Pre-B, what parts did you use? I've been going over the CGW website and see that the Pre-B extended firing pin comes with a disclaimer regarding not to use it for SD, but competition only. I guess that with no FPS, an extended FP with a light FP spring makes for very little drop safety. I'd like to set mine up for mainly range use, but don't want to rule out carry since it is a service pistol. It's not going to be an EDC gun, but I'd like that option maybe. If I rule out the extended FP, then I think I'm stuck with the stock spring package. If that's the case, then there is not much to be done in the way of CGW parts and it becomes more of a restoration than an exercise in tuning.

Or, am I over thinking the extended FP issue? My goal was to do a hammer/sear kit, SRS and RRK and light springs. That would make for a fantastic range gun. Maybe that's all it needs to be.

The Beast is set up with the full Cajun Pro Package including the extended firing pin, etc. I understand that it has no drop safety. When I have carried it, I carried it on half cock. That is really how CZs are designed to be carried. It does lack the extra safety that a FPB provides.

llh1956

CZ Wizard
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    Lawrence, IN.
    I will probably bring The Shadow, Rami, 75B Australian, P-07, P-01, all 9mm & Cajunized. Also my Mouse loved Springer TRP & Range Officer Champion in JMB .45acp!! And not to leave out my Fire breathing Tanfoglio Witness Limited 10mm:rockwoot:

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    The Beast is set up with the full Cajun Pro Package including the extended firing pin, etc. I understand that it has no drop safety. When I have carried it, I carried it on half cock. That is really how CZs are designed to be carried. It does lack the extra safety that a FPB provides.
    Cool! I'll have to start ordering parts soon if I'm going to have this done by the shoot. I might run it with the basic black rubber grips until I decide if it's going to stay black.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom