Not open for further replies.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Sitting here talking to the Wizard. Setting goals for the ammo locker. I would like to be able to shoot 150 rounds of 9mm every week for a year and not totally run out. So, my goal for 9mm will be at least 8k rounds. My goal for the .40 and .45 is 100 rounds every other week. That would be 2600 rounds so I will round that up to 3k each. Seems like reasonable goals to me.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I'm done buying guns for awhile. I'm happy with what I have and am going to appriciate those for awhile. Can't afford anything new and can't really afford to replace ammo at this point. Doing on a diet for the time being.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I'm on the fence about selling my 12 ga. For what I could get for it ($150 or so) I might as well keep it. OK, I guess that's not on the fence. LOL

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I'm on the fence about selling my 12 ga. For what I could get for it ($150 or so) I might as well keep it. OK, I guess that's not on the fence. LOL
    I feel the same way about my Henry .22 rifle. I paid so little for it and I would lose money selling it, why bother? It's not like the couple hundred bucks is gonna break me. Just keep it in the safe, I still really like it and sometimes that's a good enough reason.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    If I sell what I don't shoot, my Witness in 10mm would probably go. I like that gun a lot, but when heading to the range for some 10mm fun, I always grab the DE 1911. I sold my Armalite CZ clone for the same reason and kind of miss that gun. It was built like a tank. I really should move the RIA along though. There is nothing wrong with it, it's just always last to be picked in a long line of guns to grab.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    If I sell what I don't shoot, my Witness in 10mm would probably go. I like that gun a lot, but when heading to the range for some 10mm fun, I always grab the DE 1911. I sold my Armalite CZ clone for the same reason and kind of miss that gun. It was built like a tank. I really should move the RIA along though. There is nothing wrong with it, it's just always last to be picked in a long line of guns to grab.

That's the problem with an expanding collection. There will always be a "last in line" and thoughts of whether it is worth keeping or not.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom