• Status
    Not open for further replies.

craigkim

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Fishers
    So, I was finally able to get my upgraded CZs to the range yesterday. I was excited to try the CGW bushings that I installed on both my SP-01 Shadow and my TS. In addition to installing the bushings, I installed a fiber optic front sigt on the TS and an adjustable rear.

I shot some using a sandbag rest to try to test the pistols more than my marksmanship, which was lackluster yesterday at best. My review is subjective because I never shot either pistol using a rest in the past.

THe TS was a LASER. It was very, very accurate. It also maintained that accuracy across the 3 different 9mm loads that I put through it from 115 grain FMJ, 124 HP, and 124 grain CMJ.I was super pleased and felt that there was improvment in accuracy. That being said, it could also be that the fiber optic sights are a lot nicer than the stock sights and that tightened the groups. I was trying my grips as well and determined that I like the stock walnut grip on the right side and the czc aluminum grip with skate tape on the left side. It provides sortof a palm swell feel.

The Shadow was a different story. It was pretty accurate with my go to load, however it only seemed to shoot the 124 CMJ and accuracy fell sharply with the 115 FMJ. The 124 HP were about 6-7 inches left at 10 yards! I thought this thing was finnicky about ammo before, but now it seems to be even more so. I had several failures with the shadow during the outing. I think I am solid, if I stick with my ONE load which is meant to mimick the S&B 124 FMJ. I have the czc aluminum grips with skate tape for this Shadow and I find that I prefer the stock grips. With the aluminum grips, I just can't maintain a stable grip with firing and bare hands.

Interestingly, while I was there, another gentleman came in with a CZ TS! He tried my Llh tuned Shadow and says, "well, I would trade my TS for that!" As I already have a TS, my Shadow made it home.

I am thinking about ways to improve the versatility of my shadow and eliminate the ammunition woes. I just don't know. My experience with mine seems atypical. I have found the TS to be able to accept a longer OAL and have never had malfunction with it despite trying and experimenting with different reloads.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom