Not open for further replies.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Well, we shot my stepdaughter's new P238 at the range yesterday. She and my SiL really enjoyed the gun. It was my SiL's first time shooting and she had a lot of fun. I hate .380's, but my stepdaughter is tiny and has very weak wrists, so it was one of the few decent options for her. Most .380's suck. Very finicky jam o matics, but all the reviews on the Sig were good and we've rented one several times at the range without any issues. She loves it and we bought it from BGF, helping to support one of my favorite LGS's. Win all around :D

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Well, we shot my stepdaughter's new P238 at the range yesterday. She and my SiL really enjoyed the gun. It was my SiL's first time shooting and she had a lot of fun. I hate .380's, but my stepdaughter is tiny and has very weak wrists, so it was one of the few decent options for her. Most .380's suck. Very finicky jam o matics, but all the reviews on the Sig were good and we've rented one several times at the range without any issues. She loves it and we bought it from BGF, helping to support one of my favorite LGS's. Win all around :D
    I had one of those a few years ago. For what it was it was a very nice gun.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven

I will second that. We had one several years ago, racking the slide felt buttery smooth and it was enjoyable to shoot with zero issues.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy

I will second that. We had one several years ago, racking the slide felt buttery smooth and it was enjoyable to shoot with zero issues.

Yeah, we've been checking the P238 out for months now and are quite happy with the purchase. The guns are EXPENSIVE, but there's no point buying a gun you are afraid might have issues. I have no fears about the P238. The trigger was a bit stiff and a little heavier than I like, but the sights were very good and the gun functioned perfectly. We got her the Pearl edition, which is black with scrollwork engraving on the slide and white pearl looking grips. Very attractive gun and fits my stepdaughter perfectly. Gonna pick up some Hornady 90 gr FTX Critical Defense ammo which fared very well in the Lucky Gunner tests and she'll be set.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Yeah, we've been checking the P238 out for months now and are quite happy with the purchase. The guns are EXPENSIVE, but there's no point buying a gun you are afraid might have issues. I have no fears about the P238. The trigger was a bit stiff and a little heavier than I like, but the sights were very good and the gun functioned perfectly. We got her the Pearl edition, which is black with scrollwork engraving on the slide and white pearl looking grips. Very attractive gun and fits my stepdaughter perfectly. Gonna pick up some Hornady 90 gr FTX Critical Defense ammo which fared very well in the Lucky Gunner tests and she'll be set.
    My only issue with those is the SAO. My brother bought one for his wife but I am not sure that is the best idea for an inexperienced shooter who isn't really interested in doing the range time. :dunno:

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    My only issue with those is the SAO. My brother bought one for his wife but I am not sure that is the best idea for an inexperienced shooter who isn't really interested in doing the range time. :dunno:

I'm teaching the stepdaughter how to handle guns and she's planning to hit the range once a month or so to learn and keep her skills sharp. I don't foresee any issues related to carrying in condition 1. As long as the gun handling training goes well, she should be fine. I'm trying to impress on her how easy it is to get shot, or shoot someone, on accident. It's no worse than if she'd decided on a Glock with no external safety, at least in my mind.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I'm teaching the stepdaughter how to handle guns and she's planning to hit the range once a month or so to learn and keep her skills sharp. I don't foresee any issues related to carrying in condition 1. As long as the gun handling training goes well, she should be fine. I'm trying to impress on her how easy it is to get shot, or shoot someone, on accident. It's no worse than if she'd decided on a Glock with no external safety, at least in my mind.
    Oh, absolutely. I just worry about my sister in law as I know she won't practice.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Oh, absolutely. I just worry about my sister in law as I know she won't practice.

Understandable. My stepdaughter is super excited to have her own gun and is planning to practice often with her fiance who also likes to shoot. If it was something she'd only train with every 3 - 6 months, it would be a different story.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I would have preferred my sister in law to get a surplus 83. Rock solid platform that can be smoothed out very nicely. But, to her, looks are everything.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I would have preferred my sister in law to get a surplus 83. Rock solid platform that can be smoothed out very nicely. But, to her, looks are everything.

Yeah, my stepdaughter was a bit like that as well. We could have saved at least $50 by going with a standard P238, but she had to have the Pearl edition with the scrollwork and fancy grips... :):

bjenkins

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 4, 2014
    jeffersonville
    Yea the Sig 238s are very nice shooters, and very easy on the eye's!psyko

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Yea the Sig 238s are very nice shooters, and very easy on the eye's!psyko

It was funny the first time I took her to the range and rented one. She liked that one, but when we went to the Sig website when we got home and she saw all the different versions of the gun, she was ecstatic...lol!

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Hey I admit yes a gun has to have a nice trigger, ergos etc. But if I am shelling out my hard earned money yes who doesnt love a sharp looking gun!psyko

Oh I totally agree. I'm kinda hooked on the looks of the P226/229 Legion series at the moment. Trying to talk myself out of it, but it's not doing any good...lol!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom