The Czickness LIII….CZing into the summer with friends near and far.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    Why?
    I've thought that basically falling out is a feature, not a bug but I don't know what I don't know.
    Mostly just a personal choice.

I have had the SCS slip forward when I wasn't paying attention with an AR open. User error? Of course. I'd rather not have it be able to get in the way or hit the floor when I forget about it.

The problem with the SCS and using a regular buffer retainer pin, is the pin will catch on each weight and be a pain to depress when you do want to remove the SCS. The JP version lets it slide past the gap between the weighs.

Last edited:

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg

Can the kitty come out and play?

446c67e7a62983a9ef4e07d7add0051e.jpg

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    Hey, does anyone have access to @WebSnyper 's bank account? He needs this...

Firehawk

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Lebanon

I have the same model in .40 and it is an excellent gun. The fitment and performance is way above the price point. And that’s the best price I’ve seen on one. Supposedly the slide and frame were hand fitted at the factory on those. And I believe it. Mine has almost no slide to frame play if any at all. Very smooth shooter, very accurate and a nice SAO trigger.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010

Looks like a great gun, but the large frame guns aren't calling to me. I've been talking to him about sao conversion on the compact. Called a couple of places today both about 45 minutes away in different directions that had the S2C in stock (to check one out in person) but truck in shop today (and seems like tomorrow too) and had a few other things to do today. I may try and get to one of these shops this weekend.

If the S2C doesn't do it for me, I'll pivot back to the Sig.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Looks like a great gun, but the large frame guns aren't calling to me. I've been talking to him about sao conversion on the compact. Called a couple of places today both about 45 minutes away in different directions that had the S2C in stock (to check one out in person) but truck in shop today (and seems like tomorrow too) and had a few other things to do today. I may try and get to one of these shops this weekend.

I was under the impression that the Shadow line was more about competition or range use and not really a carry or self defense gun. Is this right? I assume this doesn’t matter for your use?

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    I was under the impression that the Shadow line was more about competition or range use and not really a carry or self defense gun. Is this right? I assume this doesn’t matter for your use?
    The large frame Tanfoglios are a hunk of steel (I had their large frame in 45, nice pistol but my 97 is nicer).

Per CZ
    With a reduction in size, and a significant reduction in weight, the CZ SHADOW 2 COMPACT retains the same key features, shooting comfort and accuracy that have contributed to the CZ SHADOW 2 series winning the world’s most prestigious championships. Its compact dimensions and light weight ensure comfortable all day carry and make it a perfect choice for concealed carry.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree

And it weighs the same as a Big Gulp!

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Morning folks! :coffee:

Looks like rain is heading our way later today. It sure isn't the dry July that we often see so far. I'm still mowing about every 2 to 3 days. Normally, by this time of the year, I'm mowing maybe once a week.
    Sorry about your mowing.
    But I’m liking it, I gotta say!
    We do have a ways to go though.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    Morning folks! :coffee:

Looks like rain is heading our way later today. It sure isn't the dry July that we often see so far. I'm still mowing about every 2 to 3 days. Normally, by this time of the year, I'm mowing maybe once a week.
    We are forecasted for heavy rain later...still need to clean my gutters out.

Bought a new 28' ladder because I am too wimpy to get on my roof with a leaf blower anymore...

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016

The level of your restraint, self-control and patience is, well, baffling to me. :stickpoke: :lmfao:

That being said I have 13 motorcycles saved. Several of which match my criteria but I am struggling to pull the trigger...

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    BTW, anyone needing an optics plate for a P10 OR series or Shadow 2 Compact, CGW has them currently in stock:

Also in stock at BS (and cheaper):

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    We are forecasted for heavy rain later...still need to clean my gutters out.

Bought a new 28' ladder because I am too wimpy to get on my roof with a leaf blower anymore...
    I bought a long tube for the leaf blower. Still gotta get on the porch to do the 1 second story gutter, but the rest I can do from the ground.;)

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    I bought a long tube for the leaf blower. Still gotta get on the porch to do the 1 second story gutter, but the rest I can do from the ground.;)
    I bought an extension boom for my power washer - it is a bear to handle but works good.

Unfortunately, the gutters have about five years of build-up that need manually removed....

Top Bottom