The Czickness LIII….CZing into the summer with friends near and far.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Reece'sPieces

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2023
    Indy
    No idea if this is a good deal or not but thought it might be of interest for folks here:

You can order and pick up in store at Marksman or have it shipped to your own FFL.
    Hmm I might have to hop on this IF it is a steel frame one. Might call tomorrow and ask if they know or if they have a fridge magnet to test the frame. Trying to save money after the dentist but a rare find is a rare find. Probably not going to buy though. Also from what I can this is a more than a fair price on the current market for P-01's.

Thanks RP. Sorry to hear about the dental work. My dental health has improved since I took 99% of soda pop out of my diet.
    Yeah, I have been trying to cut out as much sugar from my diet as I can or replace it with fruit. I am an absolute sweets fiend. I have been doing well at keeping soda out for the most part.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Hmm I might have to hop on this IF it is a steel frame one. Might call tomorrow and ask if they know or if they have a fridge magnet to test the frame. Trying to save money after the dentist but a rare find is a rare find. Probably not going to buy though. Also from what I can this is a more than a fair price on the current market for P-01's.

Yeah, I have been trying to cut out as much sugar from my diet as I can or replace it with fruit. I am an absolute sweets fiend. I have been doing well at keeping soda out for the most part.
    Just having the NSN stamp on it might be interesting to own for that simple reason.
    Are there many CZ in the US that has that NSN stamp?

Reece'sPieces

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2023
    Indy
    Just having the NSN stamp on it might be interesting to own for that simple reason.
    I was looking into this and apparently some of the newer manufactured P-01s (with aluminum frames) can have the NSN designation. Only if they they do NOT have the omega system in it though. This is just what I happened to read on forums via googling but I'm interested to know more.

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    I was looking into this and apparently some of the newer manufactured P-01s (with aluminum frames) can have the NSN designation. Only if they they do NOT have the omega system in it though. This is just what I happened to read on forums via googling but I'm interested to know more.
    I am pretty sure this is the alloy frame. It is not an Omega (they are marked on the slide and have a different safety/decocker) and is a 2021 build. The steel frame are exceedingly rare in the US. IIRC @wtburnette has a green NSN P01?

Last edited:

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    I am pretty sure this is the alloy frame. It is not an Omega (they are marked on the slide and have a different safety/decocker) and is a 2021 build. The steel frame are exceedingly rare in the US. IIRC @wtburnette has a green NSN P01?

Huh. What? Did someone say steel frame?

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    A murder passes-by the old Firetower.
    Pleasant dreams, gangsters !

IMG_5864-X2.jpg

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Morning all... :coffee:

I think there are a limited amount allowed into the US any given year, but I don't think they're especially "rare"

My first OD green P-01 had an NSN and was the first gun of mine that got Wizardized. Unfortunately, after picking up a wonderful Wizardized 75 compact from BA, I ended up selling the P-01 to my niece who had fallen in love with it. I ended up missing it greatly, so a year or so ago when I saw another green P-01 in the classifieds, I traded for it and had the Wizard work his magic on it and now I'm happy to say I own another one, sans the NSN this time.

lMPWrUu.jpg

Top Bottom