The Czickness LIII….CZing into the summer with friends near and far.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Reece'sPieces

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2023
    Indy
    Evening all, Hope everyone is doing well.
    Fun range trip on Monday with the usual group + got to see Born2vette again and shoot some 357 so that's always a good time. Went to the dentist today and am scheduled for root canal next Tuesday, hurt the pocketbook but at least I'm getting my teeth in a better place. Still ouch... :spend:
    Prayers coming your way patience.

What is the groups current choice for CZ p-10 triggers?
    2x P10-C's with the HBI triggers in them. They have excellent customer support from my own experience if you happen to run into any issues. Though you shouldn't encounter the problem I had because they worked with my problem gun to redo their trigger geometry. From what I've seen and felt the CGW triggers are good too, though (and take this with a grain of salt) they might fit a bit looser than the HBI triggers. Over all both are good, HBI might have a tighter fit and might remove more pretravel but hard to say really. I had debated other triggers but HBI and CGW seem to have the most popularity/market testing.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Evening all, Hope everyone is doing well.
    Fun range trip on Monday with the usual group + got to see Born2vette again and shoot some 357 so that's always a good time. Went to the dentist today and am scheduled for root canal next Tuesday, hurt the pocketbook but at least I'm getting my teeth in a better place. Still ouch... :spend:
    Prayers coming your way patience.

2x P10-C's with the HBI triggers in them. They have excellent customer support from my own experience if you happen to run into any issues. Though you shouldn't encounter the problem I had because they worked with my problem gun to redo their trigger geometry. From what I've seen and felt the CGW triggers are good too, though (and take this with a grain of salt) they might fit a bit looser than the HBI triggers. Over all both are good, HBI might have a tighter fit and might remove more pretravel but hard to say really. I had debated other triggers but HBI and CGW seem to have the most popularity/market testing.
    Thanks RP. Sorry to hear about the dental work. My dental health has improved since I took 99% of soda pop out of my diet.

Morning, all!
    Ass Panda body count is now 7. Bumble bee nest by the fire pit has been once Toasted this morning. We'll see later if that did the trick. I hate to do the little devils in, but they were right next to where I sit.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    BTW, anyone looking at that Armorycraft extended mag release that B2V linked yesterday, I found it on eBay for less $$$:

Got it for $24.49 shipped, including tax, when they wanted $33.90 before tax direct from their website. Oh and they're the seller on eBay, so kind of BS that they sell it for more direct.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    No idea if this is a good deal or not but thought it might be of interest for folks here:

You can order and pick up in store at Marksman or have it shipped to your own FFL.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Killed a black widow on the garage door today, big one sitting on an egg case with what looked like a cellophane shield it had made to protect the case and itself. I had never seen this type of web, but confirmed it from some internet photos as something they do.

Gardener was not happy, there won't be anything left alive in the barns or garage by morning.

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    No idea if this is a good deal or not but thought it might be of interest for folks here:

You can order and pick up in store at Marksman or have it shipped to your own FFL.
    Saw that. One of my eagle eyed friends noted it has a roll pin instead of a solid pin for the firing pin and a solid pin for the trigger pin. @llh1956 thoughts?

llh1956

CZ Wizard
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    Lawrence, IN.
    Saw that. One of my eagle eyed friends noted it has a roll pin instead of a solid pin for the firing pin and a solid pin for the trigger pin. @llh1956 thoughts?
    It does look like it has some CGW parts in it. Possibly a short reset kit and a different trigger so maybe $150 in parts, just a guess! That is the least I would do short of a full-on Cajun treatment!

Last edited:

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

So what branch of .gov use these?

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    I thought the NSN was for NATO use but could be wrong.
    From CZ USA website
    Reliability: The U.S. Army “Mean Rounds Between Failure” (MRBF) requirement is 495 rounds for 9mm pistols. During testing of the CZ P-01, the average number of stoppages was only 7 per 15,000 rounds fired. This is a .05% failure rate or an MRBF of 2142! For many years, the P-01 carried an NSN engraved on its frame, making it the first NATO-spec pistol ever available to the public. Recently, the factory decided to upgrade the slide stop spring which in turn means the current models may or may not carry an NSN.

Top Bottom