The Czickness LIII….CZing into the summer with friends near and far.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Do you remember which screws (got 3 packs with the filler plate) that you used to mount the optic? I know it's a stretch to remember that, but would help me out.
    Ok, @mcapo still interested to hear your feedback, but I tried the longest set and the bottomed out before snugging the optic up, so I went with the middle length set and they seemed to work.

20240830_222935204_iOS - Copy.jpg
    20240830_225727846_iOS - Copy.jpg

Last edited:

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Seems like I may have an issue with the mag release on the 226 being out of spec. Several mags don't always lock in and I can wiggle them and the will drop without the mag release being pushed. All these same mags lock up tight in the 229.

Ugh.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Seems like I may have an issue with the mag release on the 226 being out of spec. Several mags don't always lock in and I can wiggle them and the will drop without the mag release being pushed. All these same mags lock up tight in the 229.

Ugh.
    Are they 229 mags? If so they won’t work in a 226. But the other way around will, the 226 mag will just stick out and gap enough to feel funny on the pinky.

At least that’s how mine is.

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Are they 229 mags? If so they won’t work in a 226. But the other way around will, the 226 mag will just stick out and gap enough to feel funny on the pinky.

At least that’s how mine is.
    No they are 226 mags. They just aren't locking in the 226 reliably. They lock up fine in the 229.

Disappointing.

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Sig CS is closed for the long weekend now. I did drop the Legion support contact an email.

Sad thing is if they want the gun sent in, I wouldn't be able to get it back before I'm gone for some extended travel.

Maybe I can just get a new mag release (hopefully it's nothing more).

:(

If it was a 320 or 365 I have extras, but not for these.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    Sig CS is closed for the long weekend now. I did drop the Legion support contact an email.

Sad thing is if they want the gun sent in, I wouldn't be able to get it back before I'm gone for some extended travel.

Maybe I can just get a new mag release (hopefully it's nothing more).

:(

If it was a 320 or 365 I have extras, but not for these.
    Do you have different brand mags? Just wondering if you can eliminate the gun.

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Do you have different brand mags? Just wondering if you can eliminate the gun.
    These are all Mec-Gar which is supposed to be the OEM (I know some OEM mags for these are also produced by checkmate).

Generally the 3 mags that came with the gun don't seem to do it but I believe I did have one of the included mags do it (under recoil) at the only range trip I had. Thought I might have bumped the mag release but not thinking so now.

Also, since the all seem to lock up fine in the 229, I'm generally thinking not the mags.

I'd be awfully aggravated if this mag release is not the culprit and for some reason this gun is mag picky.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    These are all Mec-Gar which is supposed to be the OEM (I know some OEM mags for these are also produced by checkmate).

Generally the 3 mags that came with the gun don't seem to do it but I believe I did have one of the included mags do it (under recoil) at the only range trip I had. Thought I might have bumped the mag release but not thinking so now.

Also, since the all seem to lock up fine in the 229, I'm generally thinking not the mags.

I'd be awfully aggravated if this mag release is not the culprit and for some reason this gun is mag picky.
    Yes I agree. It sure seems like your logic is solid.
    I’ve never messed with my mag releases but I wonder if you took it out if you could see a problem. Maybe something in the channel it slides in keeping it out? Or maybe the mag release itself.

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I’ve never messed with my mag releases but I wonder if you took it out if you could see a problem. Maybe something in the channel it slides in keeping it out? Or maybe the mag release itself.
    Agreed. I've installed mag releases on 320 and 365 Wilson Combat modules but havent tinkered with the metal guns on these. I'll watch some videos but may need someone more mechanically inclined than I am.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    Agreed. I've installed mag releases on 320 and 365 Wilson Combat modules but havent tinkered with the metal guns on these. I'll watch some videos but may need someone more mechanically inclined than I am.
    Well my grinders and welders and plasma cutter are all fired up every day, working on this truck project. 2 steps forward, one back. If I’m lucky.
    Of course, your gun would be fine.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    File the notch on the mag? If it almost catches shouldn't take but a hair to make it lock up. Haven't looked at the one 226 mag I have to see how it's set up but it will lock into my 228.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    Evening fellas, spent all day on a shoot in a powder coating facility that ended up being 100° inside.

Hope everyone is having a good Friday. And happy birthday patience!
    Are you a camera guy or production or what?
    My oldest is getting a good start in the business, loves everything from being behind a camera to pulling focus (really good at that) to directing and producing.

Top Bottom