The Czickness LIII….CZing into the summer with friends near and far.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Good morning INGO.

My lgs let me know my Ruger American Rimfire Ranch rifle is inbound. Said they will contact me when they get it in for transfer.

Will be headed over to AAOPTICS.COM to get a scope for it. Unless I try a different brand not sure yet.

Some new toys/tools coming in this month.

View attachment 374985
    What kinda optic you thinking? LPVO, high mag, squirrel power?

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    There is truly a CZ for every occasion. I saw someone not too long ago selling a 22 CZ on the forum

22 CZs are the cream of crop. IMO

I’ve even thought about buying a Shadow2 just so I could buy a S2 Kadet kit. lol

Or the SP-01 kit.

Or the old 452 rifle I don’t have anymore

Or
    Or
    Or

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    What kinda optic you thinking? LPVO, high mag, squirrel power?
    I decided to leave my 10/22 set up as is for hunting. I bought this bolt action for my target shooting desires.
    So I've been watching these guntube shows and the guys are using 6-24× and I think one was even higher than 24x on their fancy high dollar 22lr target rifles.
    So I'm thinking of going 6-24x with this bolt action. Might as well see what it can do. If I can get 0.6" 10 shot groups at 50yds I'll be pretty happy. My 10/22 with a 2-7x scope and Eley force was 0.662" IIRC. So I'm thinking a bolt action should improve on that especially with a higher power scope.
    I'll do my usual and run a bunch of different ammunition through it to find out what it likes after I give it a barrel break in.

Oh that isn't terrible for what looks like a nice rifle, have to let us know how it shoots. I still don't have a .22lr in my arsenal
    That I will do.

You can go to this thread to see what my 10/22 does with different ammunition.

A few others have posted their rifles results in it as well.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    I decided to leave my 10/22 set up as is for hunting. I bought this bolt action for my target shooting desires.
    So I've been watching these guntube shows and the guys are using 6-24× and I think one was even higher than 24x on their fancy high dollar 22lr target rifles.
    So I'm thinking of going 6-24x with this bolt action. Might as well see what it can do. If I can get 0.6" 10 shot groups at 50yds I'll be pretty happy. My 10/22 with a 2-7x scope and Eley force was 0.662" IIRC. So I'm thinking a bolt action should improve on that especially with a higher power scope.
    I'll do my usual and run a bunch of different ammunition through it to find out what it likes after I give it a barrel break in.

That I will do.

You can go to this thread to see what my 10/22 does with different ammunition.

A few others have posted their rifles results in it as well.
    This competes very nicely with the Vortex Diamondback 6-24....unless you are looking at Razor type budget. lol

Lots of scopes compete today at sub $500 but I'd put this one on the consideration list. They have a new 5-30 so maybe a close-out sale someplace on the 6-24?

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    This competes very nicely with the Vortex Diamondback 6-24....unless you are looking at Razor type budget. lol

Lots of scopes compete today at sub $500 but I'd put this one on the consideration list. They have a new 5-30 so maybe a close-out sale someplace on the 6-24?

I'm eyeing up this one currently.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    I'm eyeing up this one currently.
    For me the Bushnell MatchPro has better glass, a better reticle and a better feature set than the Diamondback. Google around rimfire central although you'll probably get as many opinions as posts! lol

BUT!

the Diamondback has a strong track record, as well!

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    For me the Bushnell MatchPro has better glass, a better reticle and a better feature set than the Diamondback. Google around rimfire central although you'll probably get as many opinions as posts! lol

BUT!

the Diamondback has a strong track record, as well!
    Here's another dilemma so to speak. How good does the glass have to be? Its only 50yds.
    Wouldn't a Crossfire II or similar quality work good enough for that short of distance? I can see having better glass for long range shots. But 50yds?

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    Here's another dilemma so to speak. How good does the glass have to be? Its only 50yds.
    Wouldn't a Crossfire II or similar quality work good enough for that short of distance? I can see having better glass for long range shots. But 50yds?
    I am probably the wrong person to ask as I bought a Vortex Golden Eagle for a 22...

As I posted in another thread, I'd rather have an average gun with good glass than a good gun with average glass. Ok,,,maybe a bit of an over-generalization but still....I have the Golden Eagle on the Vudoo and Bushnell Match Pro's on my CZ457 and Kidd 10/22. Those two guns have had Vortex DB, Hawkes, Swampfox and probably other on them before the Match Pros.

The only other 22 I have a really nice scope on is a CZ 455 and it has a old old Vortex Razor 3x15. THAT scope has amazing glass!

BUT scopes are like spouses in that there is a lot of your personal preferences, what features of the scope agree with you and how much the scope just seems to like you.

Last edited:

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I am probably the wrong person to ask as I bought a Vortex Golden Eagle for a 22...

As I posted in another thread, I'd rather have an average gun with good glass than a good gun with average glass. Ok,,,maybe a bit of an over-generalization but still....I have the Golden Eagle on the Vudoo and Bushnell Match Pro's on my CZ457 and Kidd 10/22. Those two guns have had Vortex DB, Hawkes, Swampfox and probably other on them before the Match Pros.

The only other 22 I have a really nice scope on is a CZ 455 and it has a old old Vortex Razor 3x15. THAT scope has amazing glass!

BUT scopes are like spouse in that there is a lot of your personal preferences, what features of the scope agree with you and how much the scope just seem to like you.
    I'll have to research it more before ordering anything.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    I'm about to have an entire CZ arsenal lol, I do get paid next week, so I might actually throw my bid in. Thanks for sending that my way!
    Wait till the last 15 mins. That is when the serious bidders (and the alcohol) come out.

They are kind of a quirky iteration of the BRNO to CZ family tree. I won't quote it all here because I probably don't recall it all but you might google the interweb about the 451. Cool little straight pull gun though.

Edit: I did a little google...let me know what the video says...

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    So what I am hearing is I need to bust out the whiskey 30 minutes before the it ends, that way I'm at least tipsy 15 mins before :40oz:
    When it comes to Gunbroker, we only expect participants within this thread to be winners.

There is no second place.

There is no participation trophy.

You win or you lose.

Top Bottom