The Czickness LIII….CZing into the summer with friends near and far.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Never had a chance to try one, but I do like my hammer fired guns. I would try one though.

P10C is as good as everyone says although if you like hammer fired guns? I’ve recently moved to an HK p30sk for edc.

But when someone says hammer fired edc, the first gun I’d suggest is a CZ PCR.

0c31a8eeadbb7961034eabaaa0836df2.jpg

Last edited:

JayCo

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2024
    Marion County
    Had one before, sold it to Jayco actually. It’s too thin to fit comfortably in my hands, I really appreciate having the swappable grips. I also like the trigger more, don’t know if it’s because of the metal frame or if it’s just placebo but, yeah.
    It was a little thin front to back for me too. But then I put the medium backstrap on and it helped a lot with length of pull. I'll sell it back to you, mainly because it would give me an excuse to buy a P-09c Nocturne lol :lmfao:

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Is the P10S comparable to the C? I've been thinking about replacing my Sub compact with it
    Yes; smaller in all dimensions but width and surprisingly close in weight. It is really a personal preference at the sub-micro mini-compact level. I preferred the P365 to the P10s but much prefer the P10c to the P320c....

stale_ranch

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2024
    Carmel
    P10C is as good as everyone says although if you like hammer fired guns? I’ve recently moved to an HK p30sk for edc.

But when someone says hammer fired edc, the first gun I’d suggest is a CZ PCR.

0c31a8eeadbb7961034eabaaa0836df2.jpg
    I could just be a man and get a mk23 or an fk brno..

On a serious note I’ve heard good things about both, but I do think I’m stuck on the p01 for now. I’d still like to try everything I can but I think the p01 fits my niche nicely.

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    Is the P10S comparable to the C? I've been thinking about replacing my Sub compact with it
    Really just smaller. If I had to choose between them I'd take the P10C.
    Yes; smaller in all dimensions but width and surprisingly close in weight. It is really a personal preference at the sub-micro mini-compact level. I preferred the P365 to the P10s but much prefer the P10c to the P320c....

^^^These guys gave you a very good answer.

I'd add the P10S is a 2 finger gun with a 3rd finger pinchy mag and the P10C is a comfortable 3 finger gun. The barrel length is a personal preference. I like the length of the C over the S as it keeps the gas on the projectile just a little bit longer for more velocity. It might not be a ton more but every little bit helps in my little hamster wheel mind. If you're going to put a can on it, I'd go with the S. If not, I'd go with the C. If you have huge orangutan hands, the F would be a good choice too. The whole P10 series of pistols are great guns for the money IMnsHO.

Last edited:

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy

I'd add the P10S is a 2 finger gun with a 3rd finger pinchy mag and the P10C is a comfortable 3 finger gun. The barrel length is a personal preference. I like the length of the C over the S as it keeps the gas on the projectile just a little bit longer for more velocity. It might not be a ton more but every little bit helps in my little hamster wheel mind. If you're going to put a can on it, I'd go with the S. If not, I'd go with the C. If you have huge orangutan hands, the F would be a good choice too. The whole P10 series of pistols are great guns for the money IMnsHO.

The P10 series is hard to beat for price and performance.

If stuck on really wanting a hammer fired CZ, an older P-07 Duty like I have is hard to beat. Should be pretty inexpensive and it takes 3 different types of mags, it's own, the P10 series and the ones that fit the CZ 75 style guns. Hard to beat that IMO.

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    I could just be a man and get a mk23 or an fk brno..

On a serious note I’ve heard good things about both, but I do think I’m stuck on the p01 for now. I’d still like to try everything I can but I think the p01 fits my niche nicely.
    I vote FK Brno Field :drool:

If you want hammer fired goodness my vote would be the P01 or the PCR and forget the poly guns. If you want a poly gun, the ergos of the P10 are much better than the P07, P09.

Again, my :twocents:. You get what you pay for :dunno:

JayCo

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2024
    Marion County

Really just smaller. If I had to choose between them I'd take the P10C.
    Thanks for the input y'all. Yeah my go-to for an all round handgun would be the P10C, Just because of it fitting my hands better and the longer barrel. But during the summer I carry a subcompact because it conceals a little better, and is more comfortable in the lighter clothing. During the winter I carry closer to a 4in barrel (formally my Glock 48, but I'm swapping to my P07 this winter). So what I'm hearing is the correct answer would be buy a P10C and a P10S, that way I have a matching summer and winter carry gun lol right now I carry a Ruger Max 9 as my subcompact, not a bad gun by any means, but basically anything would be better than it.

stale_ranch

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2024
    Carmel

If you want hammer fired goodness my vote would be the P01 or the PCR and forget the poly guns. If you want a poly gun, the ergos of the P10 are much better than the P07, P09.

I wish I could afford the field, the psd is still awesome though. I wish they’d come out with the c/sl models so we could have normal person sized hand cannons.

Come to think of it I have held the p10 and I do like how that feels as far as a polymer gun. If I went polymer frame a p10c would probably be my pick, but as far as hammer fired I like the p01 most out of the current contenders. If I got another polymer frame hammer fired I’d get a p09 and chop the grip down to p07 height.

I’m also excited to see what cz drops next week, so maybe I should hold my breath..

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana

What are the differences between the P09 and P10 pistols.
    I have a suppressor ready P09 that's OK, the grips are really aggressive with +P ammo.

Top Bottom