The Czickness LIII….CZing into the summer with friends near and far.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Morning cz freaks marriage counselors. Finally Friday! :coffee:
    FIFY.

Do it, wait, whatever.
    Just don’t think that “waiting until you can afford it” might ever come.
    It’s kind of like waiting to come to Jesus until after you stop sinning, kinda not the point. The whole “through thick and thin” thing. Definitely character and relationship building.
    But it sounds to me like you already have a lot of that going.

36+ years, married at 19, and kinda like WS don’t need to do it again but also realize I can’t see into the future.

Or as a good old friend (rip Ferg) once said, “36 summers, no tellin’ how many winters”.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    FIFY.

Do it, wait, whatever.
    It’s kind of like waiting to come to Jesus until after you stop sinning, kinda not the point. The whole “through thick and thin” thing. Definitely character and relationship building.

36+ years, married at 19, and kinda like WS don’t need to do it again but also realize I can’t see into the future.

Or as a good old friend (rip Ferg) once said, “36 summers, no tellin’ how many winters”.
    So....I've been busy with stepfather's estate and this is the first post that I have read in a bit.

I assume you are talking about me buying another motorcycle?

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    So....I've been busy with stepfather's estate and this is the first post that I have read in a bit.

I assume you are talking about me buying another motorcycle?
    Did you see the discussion about HD?

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    Did you see the discussion about HD?

No but people have been predicting the demise of H-D since I owned my first AMF-Harley.

Clearly Harley has some short term marketing mistakes to recover from but in spite of this wacko CEO, he does seem to recognize that Harley needs to shift to survive. Less people are riding, younger (sub-30) riders don't have to ride a Harley and Harley can't survive on old aging riders of my generation for much longer.

As you know, I've looked at BMW and kinda considered an Indian - ten years ago, I never would have.

My hope is that the Woke Disaster tanks sales and I can pick up a new model CVO for dirt cheap this winter.... :cool:

stale_ranch

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2024
    Carmel
    FIFY.

Do it, wait, whatever.

I appreciate your and everyone else’s input on the matter. Being young, we’ve already graduated together, gotten our first full time jobs, lived an hour apart (now living together) among other things I don’t need to air out here. It hasn’t been easy, but it has been worth it. When I do pop the question there won’t be any doubt about it.

stale_ranch

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2024
    Carmel
    No but people have been predicting the demise of H-D since I owned my first AMF-Harley.

Clearly Harley has some short term marketing mistakes to recover from but in spite of this wacko CEO, he does seem to recognize that Harley needs to shift to survive. Less people are riding, younger (sub-30) riders don't have to ride a Harley and Harley can't survive on old aging riders of my generation for much longer.

As you know, I've looked at BMW and kinda considered an Indian - ten years ago, I never would have.

My hope is that the Woke Disaster tanks sales and I can pick up a new model CVO for dirt cheap this winter.... :cool:
    Not much of a bike guy, but I think a lot of the problem lies in the same issues that a lot of sports cars are having. Nobody has the money to buy an extra mode of transportation right now, and if they do, they’re going to buy a used one or only try to buy the most efficient (price to performance) one. There are still going to be Harley guys, they may be more of a niche group (like some of these sports car enjoyers, I personally enjoy a good shitbox) but a lot of sport bikes are generally going to be more “worth the money” I mean heck you can get a brand new Ninja h2 for a few grand more than a new Harley.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Just depends on your situation. No right or wrong way to do it, I feel like. I should also clarify we would just be engaged for the time being, we wouldn’t get married until we could afford it and did some pre marital counseling to work out possible kinks.
    You're thinking, and that's good. Remember this, if you take nothing else from this conversation. Love is a feeling for about the first 12 mos of a marriage. After the fire fades a bit, loving your spouse is a decision you both make every day. Over time, that decision, made daily, determines the success of your marriage.

Addiction, adultery, abuse are the three things that doom a marriage fastest. Apathy will kill one too. It just takes longer and hurts just as much.

I wish you a long, happy, and prosperous relationship, young one. And have some kids. Smart people ought to have kids. We need more smart people.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    You're thinking, and that's good. Remember this, if you take nothing else from this conversation. Love is a feeling for about the first 12 mos of a marriage. After the fire fades a bit, loving your spouse is a decision you both make every day. Over time, that decision, made daily, determines the success of your marriage.

Addiction, adultery, abuse are the three things that doom a marriage fastest. Apathy will kill one too. It just takes longer and hurts just as much.

I wish you a long, happy, and prosperous relationship, young one. And have some kids. Smart people ought to have kids. We need more smart people.
    Spot on.

latest

Last edited:

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I appreciate your and everyone else’s input on the matter. Being young, we’ve already graduated together, gotten our first full time jobs, lived an hour apart (now living together) among other things I don’t need to air out here. It hasn’t been easy, but it has been worth it. When I do pop the question there won’t be any doubt about it.
    Living together is a good start and gives you a good view into the other person.

Firehawk

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Lebanon
    Lots of great advice and wisdom in here. I commend you for doing the pre marital counseling. That shows that you both want to put the work in to making it work. Relationships are built not found, they take work to stay strong and like any building they are only as good as the foundation they are built on. My wife and I’s foundation is built on faith in Christ and He has proven to be a strong foundation. For us, love, joy, peace, contentment comes through that. He is our source and solid rock.

If you haven’t already, I highly recommend you both read a book called “The Five Love Languages” by Gary Chapman. It’s short and easy to read. It revolutionized my understanding of love and relationships, not just marriage but also understanding my relationship with my dad, kids, everyone. It’s that good.

Last edited:

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    FIFY.

Do it, wait, whatever.

Words of wisdom here as well. Through thick and thin definitely.

My wife and I often say that moving 900+ miles away (to Indiana) from any family about 18 months after we got married strengthened our relationship a ton. It made life harder in everything we did along the way to not have support from family, but also made us take up the slack on that with alot of extra effort.

stale_ranch

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2024
    Carmel
    Lots of great advice and wisdom in here. I commend you for doing the pre marital counseling. That shows that you both want to put the work in to making it work. Relationships are built not found, they take work to stay strong and like any building they are only as good as the foundation they are built on. My wife and I’s foundation is built on faith in Christ and He has proven to be a strong foundation. For us, love, joy, peace, contentment comes through that. He is our source and solid rock.

If you haven’t already, I highly recommend you both read a book called “The Five Love Languages” by Gary Chapman. It’s short and easy to read. It revolutionized my understanding of love and relationships, not just marriage but also understanding my relationship with my dad, kids, everyone. It’s that good.
    I actually have read that book before, not entirely sure if she has but I know I have. Her and I both enjoy psychology books and we both took psychology classes in high school. I’m open to more book recommendations though, if anyone has them. Not a book but I’ve always found Alan Watts to be very insightful, I’ve listened to most of his recorded lectures.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    Short Version:

I was working with an elderly couple once. Been married something like 70 years.

I ask what the secret to long a marriage was.

The old fella immediately spoke up with. "Separate TV's".

He then went on with a dissertation on the importance of separate but together - never drifting too far apart - always focusing on the other.

Excellent points.

wingrider1800

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 27, 2014
    Harrison County
    Well now we have 2 votes for wait and 1 for go for it, who's next? But in all seriousness, there's no rushing to be done here. Next fall will be 3 years with this lovely girl, as long as there are no glaring red flags in the mean time, the plan is next fall. I appreciate you guys looking out though.
    Now I understand, she's on INGO.

Firehawk

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Lebanon
    Short Version:

I was working with an elderly couple once. Been married something like 70 years.

I ask what the secret to long a marriage was.

The old fella immediately spoke up with. "Separate TV's".

He then went on with a dissertation on the importance of separate but together - never drifting too far apart - always focusing on the other.

Excellent points.
    For some reason this this makes me think of the 100 year old woman and when asked her secret to a long life she said “I eat bacon every day”.

Who am I to argue with that?

I need to stop and get more bacon and another TV on the way home.

Top Bottom