The Czickness LIII….CZing into the summer with friends near and far.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stale_ranch

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2024
    Carmel
    There's not much better than an evening swing in the hammock.
    Websniper is correct. Don't rush, SR (stale ranch)
    Well now we have 2 votes for wait and 1 for go for it, who's next? But in all seriousness, there's no rushing to be done here. Next fall will be 3 years with this lovely girl, as long as there are no glaring red flags in the mean time, the plan is next fall. I appreciate you guys looking out though.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    Well now we have 2 votes for wait and 1 for go for it, who's next? But in all seriousness, there's no rushing to be done here. Next fall will be 3 years with this lovely girl, as long as there are no glaring red flags in the mean time, the plan is next fall. I appreciate you guys looking out though.
    You've got a plan, that's the main thing. Make sure you two have good communication whether it's good, bad, or otherwise. I've found that to be really helpful in avoiding larger problems down the road. :twocents:

Good evening CZ brethren. Almost Friday!

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Oh believe me, it’s on the docket. I’d fix her car a million times over, she’s awesome and deserves a ring. Just waiting for the right time and more money.
    My advice (unsolicited, of course), is if she's worth it and willing, don't wait. You can accomplish more working as a team than you ever will as two separate players.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Just from the chickens.
    Been married 31 years going on 32 and with her for several years before that. Not a chicken, but also things are a little different today, and successful marriage as you know isn't for the weak.

I'll only do it once and if something happens (no matter what that is), I'll not feel the need to do it again.

People are different today, I just recommend they figure themselves out before pulling another person into the mix.

Last edited:

stale_ranch

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2024
    Carmel
    My advice (unsolicited, of course), is if she's worth it and willing, don't wait. You can accomplish more working as a team than you ever will as two separate players.
    Definitely worth it, she’s been my rock and biggest supporter even as a young adult with all these big life changes happening, not to get too sappy lol.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Been married 31 years going on 32 and with her for several years before that. Not a chicken, but also things are a little different today, and successful marriage as you know isn't for the weak.

I'll only do it once and if something happens (no matter what that is), I'll not feel the need to do it again.

People are different today, if just recommend they figure themselves out before pulling another person into the mix.
    Buck buc bucaawk. Once should be enough. I'm on #2. Barb is on #4(widowed twice, divorced once) Circumstances are gonna be what they are gonna be and you don't know what's gonna happen next. If you have a good one and you feel you know her, jump in. Don't wait to make a good start. Life gets shorter the longer you're in it. Seize the day!
    Tomorrow is promised to no man.

stale_ranch

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2024
    Carmel
    Buck buc bucaawk. Once should be enough. I'm on #2. Barb is on #4(widowed twice, divorced once) Circumstances are gonna be what they are gonna be and you don't know what's gonna happen next. If you have a good one and you feel you know her, jump in. Don't wait to make a good start. Life gets shorter the longer you're in it. Seize the day!
    Or.. perhaps.. CZ the day!™️

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus

As a guy that got married at 19, I say wait. The extra year won't make a difference if you can build a happy and solid relationship together.

Take that advice with a grain of salt...I was married, divorced, married and divorced again. At that point I put a note on my computer screen at work that read "if I ever think I want to get married again, I will find a woman I don't like and give her a house instead".

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Eh, I've been with my wife since teen years and met her when I was in the 6th grade. She's 2 years older than me. I get it. And once will be it.

So I hear ya, but I'm also glad both my kids got their masters degrees and got decent jobs, etc before they started getting too far down the relationship paths.

Last edited:

stale_ranch

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2024
    Carmel
    Eh, I've been with my wife since teen years and met her when I was in the 6th grade. She's 2 years older than me. I get it. And once will be it.

So I hear ya, but I'm also glad both my kids got their masters degrees and got decent jobs, etc before they started getting too far down the relationship paths.
    Just depends on your situation. No right or wrong way to do it, I feel like. I should also clarify we would just be engaged for the time being, we wouldn’t get married until we could afford it and did some pre marital counseling to work out possible kinks.

Top Bottom