The Czickness LIII….CZing into the summer with friends near and far.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    That looks like it would take forever to get the amount of saplings I need to get cut down. I seen some over two inches now. So definitely going to need something better.
    I don't want to buy a small chainsaw to heavy to handle all day and try to stay safe using one hand at times.
    I think I'll go with that handheld saw like that of the landscaper and what Sthil has. Not sure yet what I'm going to get. Need to do some research on these.
    What about a strait shaft Sthil trimmer with a blade on it?

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    That looks like it would take forever to get the amount of saplings I need to get cut down. I seen some over two inches now. So definitely going to need something better.
    I don't want to buy a small chainsaw to heavy to handle all day and try to stay safe using one hand at times.
    I think I'll go with that handheld saw like that of the landscaper and what Sthil has. Not sure yet what I'm going to get. Need to do some research on these.
    I guess take forever is relative. I thought they’d both take forever.
    This thing takes down 8” mulberry’s and turns them into mulch. Goes in the front of a skid steer.
    You can rent them.
    IMG_8238.jpeg

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    I picked up my sons new CZ-USA CZC A01-LD 9mm Pistol, Blue.
    It has the shortest, tightest chamber of any 9mm pistol we have. I'm gonna load a box or two for in in the morning and try to get to the club this afternoon to run it a bit. It has a pretty darn nice single and double action trigger.
    I had it delivered to C&J in Frankton, when I picked them on Palmetto I didn't realize they were a PT store. They weren't open when FedEx tried to deliver this pistol the first day. I don't believe I will use them again.

View attachment 361811
    Very nice!

Firehawk

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Lebanon
    What about a strait shaft Sthil trimmer with a blade on it?
    @DadSmith

We had one of those trimmers growing up and it was great for taking down saplings. I cut out a bunch of saplings and bushes with it to clear out an 100 yard range at my parent’s old place. It was industrial sized with wide handle bars and shoulder straps. It was easy on the back not having to bend down with a chainsaw.

Last fall I borrowed this tool from an uncle to clear a few saplings from my Mother In Law’s property. It zipped through them with surprising ease. It was so easy my 7 year old was even using it. Although, cutting out hundreds of saplings with a handheld would be a task! My back hurts just thinking about!

1719429398626.jpeg

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    @DadSmith

We had one of those trimmers growing up and it was great for taking down saplings. I cut out a bunch of saplings and bushes with it to clear out an 100 yard range at my parent’s old place. It was industrial sized with wide handle bars and shoulder straps. It was easy on the back not having to bend down with a chainsaw.

Last fall I borrowed this tool from an uncle to clear a few saplings from my Mother In Law’s property. It zipped through them with surprising ease. It was so easy my 7 year old was even using it. Although, cutting out hundreds of saplings with a handheld would be a task! My back hurts just thinking about!

View attachment 361963
    I'm glad to hear your report on its effectiveness. I actually enjoy that stuff lol.
    I've got to cut them down low enough to run over it with my ride mower.
    I plan on keeping a few decent trees to help replace the older ones we've cut in the past.
    I can't believe how fast they grow when you let it go for a few years. It's insane.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Tactical oven mitt received in replacement of the suppressor cover that was previously shipped in error.

I can highly recommend Wet Worx as a vendor. Quick shipping, quick to reply on a concern and best yet, very quickly handled the customer service concern and fulfilled their promise at no expense to me.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Was in my LGS today. If any are looking they have a 452 that looks sweet. No mags but original box. In store only $399 (if I were not pursuing about three other things and had unlimited funds and storage this would already be in my safe!)
    View attachment 361940View attachment 361941View attachment 361942View attachment 361943
    I am definitely not shopping for any guns at the moment but if that was a 527 or something with a set trigger in 22-250 or maybe .223 I'd be all over it.

Top Bottom