The Czickness LIII….CZing into the summer with friends near and far.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Haven

Network Warlord
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    How did the RA trigger work for you? I put one in my 300bo. Ive only put a couple mags through it but it didn't feel consistent. Not ruling out it could've just been me and not having had much trigger time lately could've been a factor to.
    The RA trigger wasn't bad. It was better than the Mil-spec that I had in it. It wasn't as nice as the Timney I put in the INGO AR-15/22. I am not real good at follow up shots to get the reset down to see how that part does. With the RA trigger I put three shots on target, in the center ring, and two were on top of each other, the last was just down from the first two.

The RA trigger made me a better shooter than I a really am.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Morning.

I have been called weird all my life. As far as waiting there, we were between activities.

Our buddy hadn't been out shooting much, so I had brought a bunch of hand guns for him to try. I had my completed 2023 INGO Lower AR in .22LR that we were sighting in. Plus the new Mini-14 I was playing with, plus the new Rise Armament Trigger in the other AR. Our buddy needed to sight in his AR, and his Dad's gun. So a very productive day yesterday.
    It's better than being called "Odd"

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    57M TRP

View attachment 367415

Not the TRP3 model
    Heres my Cooper 57 it has a Vortex Viper 6.5 X 20

20240721_140829.jpg

Here's my 21 Cooper in 223, I took off a 12X leupold and put on a LR 6.5 X 20 Leupold.
    1000000873.jpg

It has a 1-12 twist. I shot 5 77 gr Match Kings through it and I got what I expected.
    You can see three, one is just below paper.
    LOL
    It likes nothing but 60 grs and under.

Edit, I forgot the pic of my rimfire.

Attachments

• 1000000876.jpg
      1000000876.jpg
      580.5 KB · Views: 9
    • 1000000871.jpg
      1000000871.jpg
      949 KB · Views: 8
    Last edited:

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    Heres my Cooper 57 it has a Vortex Viper 6.5 X 20

Here's my 21 Cooper in 223, I took off a 12X leupold and put on a LR 6.5 X 20 Leupold.
    View attachment 367656

It has a 1-12 twist. I shot 5 77 gr Match Kings through it and I got what I expected.
    You can see three, one is just below paper.
    LOL
    It likes nothing but 60 grs and under.
    Those are some sexy rifles. I love the Cooper wood. They can be very picky on ammo but which precision rifle isn't. I've been looking at 223 bolt guns since last summer and once I finish my last 3 things on my want list I'll be on the hunt again. The Cooper Phoenix and the Remington 40x are 1&2 on the list.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Those are some sexy rifles. I love the Cooper wood. They can be very picky on ammo but which precision rifle isn't. I've been looking at 223 bolt guns since last summer and once I finish my last 3 things on my want list I'll be on the hunt again. The Cooper Phoenix and the Remington 40x are 1&2 on the list.
    You cant go wrong with either of those choices.
    All of our Coopers were built under Dan Coopers ownership. He hired some amazing employees over those years building amazing rifles.

Haven

Network Warlord
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    The RA trigger wasn't bad. It was better than the Mil-spec that I had in it. It wasn't as nice as the Timney I put in the INGO AR-15/22. I am not real good at follow up shots to get the reset down to see how that part does. With the RA trigger I put three shots on target, in the center ring, and two were on top of each other, the last was just down from the first two.

The RA trigger made me a better shooter than I a really am.
    I feel like I might mislead some people with that statement. The Rise Trigger is really nice, way better than the Mil-Spec, but I got slightly spoiled by the Timney. I spent around $90 on the Rise, and it is well worth it, I would even say it was worth way more. I spent $250 on the Timney, and it is worth that price.

The Timney is the better of the two triggers, but if I hadn't have had that money, I would not be disappointed in the Rise.

Top Bottom