THE CZickness LII....Autumn or Fall? No matter...season is right for a CZ!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Reece'sPieces

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2023
    Indy
    Good Iraqi vet/buddy bought a new Hyundai Genesis, paying $15k over for “fair market value”, in February this year. Went to dealer for one of their 3 year “free” maintenance oil changes. “Sorry sir, we are no longer a Genesis dealer, your oil change would be $275”….but they’re still a Hyundai dealer. I know most Toyota dealers will do a Lexus service under warranty. Correct me if I’m wrong, but the Genesis is just a high priced Hyundai, with the same power train?
    My friend who has one told me that they have transmissions that are in Mercedes because Hyundai/Genesis wanted to make a RWD "luxury" car, but as far as the engine I have no idea. Some V8 that's not in their standard cars, but yes Genesis should fall under Hyundai.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    And to this, I reply with a full mooning...

View attachment 302552

e1d7ff0b8e39f1d5b324e9007b737542.jpg

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Ohh, I didn't think of that ! Do we have caliber rules ? (mcapo will jump in to scold me in a minute . :pimp:
    No!...you can't use a 1/2" bullet at a 15 yard 1/16" target! Plus the percussion would knock it off the holder anyway!

The playing card is 22 rimfire only but BC is letting us use a rest. I am going to use an iron sight 39a and a nicely scoped CZ455. Problem with the 39a is I can't see the rear sight or the card.....

All for fun and smack talk.

If you are new the GTG's (not you MM!) the little competitions we do are secondary in priority to the comradery of the day. Sometimes we get to them....sometimes we don't. Its all for fun and we make no attempt to run it like an IDPA/PRS match. The rules are loose - more like a backyard bet than a match.

.....maybe we can come up with a (pay-to-play) competition for Brutus at the SGE?

Last edited:

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    You gotta tighten that up, Norm. I plan on splitting the card on the 1st shot ! (maybe sooner)

One week to go ..... let the trash-talking begin !
    I thought it was not bad given a 78 year old training rifle, my 66.99 year old eyes and could not see the card in the peep sight (sighted on the card holder and then elevated the rest).

However, I will have my 457 with scope at the FGE as well.

Regardless, fun was had today at @ditcherman’s range with @Firehawk Unfortunately @ditcherman had to cut beans while the weather was good (life of a farmer) but next time…

IMG_2996.jpegIMG_2997.jpeg

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    No!...you can't use a 1/2" bullet at a 15 yard 1/16" target! Plus the percussion would knock it off the holder anyway!

The playing card is 22 rimfire only but BC is letting us use a rest. I am going to use an iron site 39a and a nicely scoped CZ455. Problem with the 39a is I can't see the rear sight or the card.....

All for fun and smack talk.

If you are new the GTG's (not you MM!) the little competitions we do are secondary in priority to the comradery of the day. Sometimes we get to them....sometimes we don't. Its all for fun and we make no attempt to run it like an IDPA/PRS match. The rules are loose - more like a backyard bet than a match.

Shot down ... in the prime of my life !

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom