THE CZickness LII....Autumn or Fall? No matter...season is right for a CZ!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    Yeah, I may have to buy one. What are folks running? I hear there are models with a delay, etc so one can shoot alone and still use the timer. Not looking for crazy $, but durable, and no idea what features are good/needed.
    CED and Pact where the main ones I looked into a few years back when I got my CED7000.

If I was looking for a new timer today, I would look into the Pact Club Shot Timer. I think most timers will have all the features you need to time others or to time yourself alone with a delay.

Keep in mind that I'm not up to date on what the favorites are now.

Competition Electronics comes to mind as well.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Yeah, I may have to buy one. What are folks running? I hear there are models with a delay, etc so one can shoot alone and still use the timer. Not looking for crazy $, but durable, and no idea what features are good/needed.
    Anything worth getting should have the delay option, running it on random start also helps.

The predecessor to this one has been the standard that I have seen for a long time, and I like this one a little better.

I would not go with a phone app type, but some people get along with them.

I have some ear pro that are Bluetooth and really enjoy listening to music while shooting, but it can be tough to hear the timer. If the timer would feed the beep into BT earpro that would be cool. The only Bluetooth I see is sending info to phone for analysis though.

“You can’t improve what you can’t measure.”
    I have a lot of fun with mine.

Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    I have several used timer that are for sale . My club replaced theirs with new timers and these are well used but still work and CHEAP.
    I will see what's left when I get home from a match today.
    They are all pocket pros and pocket pros 2.(Competition Electronics)
    Been meaning to put in classifieds but just haven't got around to it.
    Money goes to Silver Creek Conservation Club not me.

Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    Slow is fast.
    Actually slow is slow and fast is fast. That saying should have been smooth is fast,
    Been helping/teaching shooters for decades and sometimes I have told shooters to slow down but it was because they were trying to shoot above their ability, They needed to slow down and verify their sight picture and work on their trigger pull.
    Speed will come thru practice and shooting more matches.
    Main thing is to be safe and HAVE FUN and trust me your skills will improve the more you shoot matches.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Actually slow is slow and fast is fast. That saying should have been smooth is fast,
    Been helping/teaching shooters for decades and sometimes I have told shooters to slow down but it was because they were trying to shoot above their ability, They needed to slow down and verify their sight picture and work on their trigger pull.
    Speed will come thru practice and shooting more matches.
    Main thing is to be safe and HAVE FUN and trust me your skills will improve the more you shoot matches.
    That’s exactly what I love about a timer; you can see - quantitatively - with a number - what is too fast (misses), slow down, practice, then watch yourself re-achieve that number with the accuracy standard.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Morning everyone, went and picked this one up yesterday, it was sitting on GB at about 300.00 under MSRP and nobody was bidding on it so I put in a minimum bid and waited. I already had the XS rail and sights and the Vortex Scout scope from a previous 1895. The rifle looks well put together, I have no complaints.

KwIIq1hl.jpg

LZIsj6Dl.jpg

3nFzwjhl.jpg

TjUE1Wdl.jpg

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Status