The Czickness LII.2…..the sunshine and roses version.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    20231101_202729.jpg
    My new pistol. Y'all wanted it back in the group. By being kind, understanding, and unjudgemental, as well as an over all nice guy, I have made that happen. Some of you need to take a lesson from that. You embarassed me and Barb with your shenanigans and really hurt the feelings of a pretty decent fellow who drove 90 minutes tonight so I could pick it up.

That is the end of the lecture.

On to business. This pistol is part of a raffle starting now. The raffle will be for the right to take care of and fondle said pistol and to shoot it and keep it in good repair until the next FGE, whereupon there will be another raffle for the caretaking rights. Rinse and repeat. This will continue in perpetuity until none of us are left. Any funds raised in this first raffle over the cost to myself to reaquire the pistol will go to CKW. Subsequent raffles will donate to CKW in memory of Mouse and after Cindy passes the proceeds will be donated to colon cancer research in Tim's name. Sort of an ongoing memorial to a friend. If you cannot abide by the raffle rules, do not buy a ticket. You must be a proper person to possess a firearm and proof of such will be required.
    Tickets are $50.
    PM me if you wish to participate. I'm back at work tomorrow so answers will be as I have opportunity.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    View attachment 309412
    My new pistol. Y'all wanted it back in the group. By being kind, understanding, and unjudgemental, as well as an over all nice guy, I have made that happen. Some of you need to take a lesson from that. You embarassed me and Barb with your shenanigans and really hurt the feelings of a pretty decent fellow who drove 90 minutes tonight so I could pick it up.

That is the end of the lecture.

On to business. This pistol is part of a raffle starting now. The raffle will be for the right to take care of and fondle said pistol and to shoot it and keep it in good repair until the next FGE, whereupon there will be another raffle for the caretaking rights. Rinse and repeat. This will continue in perpetuity until none of us are left. Any funds raised in this first raffle over the cost to myself to reaquire the pistol will go to CKW. Subsequent raffles will donate to CKW in memory of Mouse and after Cindy passes the proceeds will be donated to colon cancer research in Tim's name. Sort of an ongoing memorial to a friend. If you cannot abide by the raffle rules, do not buy a ticket. You must be a proper person to possess a firearm and proof of such will be required.
    Tickets are $50.
    PM me if you wish to participate. I'm back at work tomorrow so answers will be as I have opportunity.

In.

Don't forget all those "pledges" of $100. :D :woot::stickpoke:

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Grapevine works, guys. We're about 1/3 of the way to community ownership. If my first paragraph offended anyone, just remember, I still love you. Just speaking truth among friends. If you want to talk, pm me. My digits will be forthcoming. Don't sit on anger. That's like taking poison to hurt somebody else.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Morning folks! :coffee:

Yesterday was a 3AP day at work. For those that are not familiar with that measure, look back a few threads for the story of the ass panda. This morning's announcement was sorely needed and really appreciate the efforts that took place to make that happen.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    I'm in. Thanks for making that happen Patience. Put me down for two tickets.
    Thank you, 88. You're a good friend, a generous and interesting human, and welcome in my home anytime. Norm may be doing a collection run after a few days if you want to save a stamp. Pay pal is anti-gun so we won't violate their rules OR make them any $ if possible.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Morning folks! :coffee:

Yesterday was a 3AP day at work. For those that are not familiar with that measure, look back a few threads for the story of the ass panda. This morning's announcement was sorely needed and really appreciate the efforts that took place to make that happen.
    Sorry to hear about the three furry rump violators. Had to have been rough. :runaway:

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Thank you, 88. You're a good friend, a generous and interesting human, and welcome in my home anytime. Norm may be doing a collection run after a few days if you want to save a stamp. Pay pal is anti-gun so we won't violate their rules OR make them any $ if possible.
    I am in for two but only if you say good things about me like you did 88. :cool:

I'll pass the cash to Norm...

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Grapevine works, guys. We're about 1/3 of the way to community ownership. If my first paragraph offended anyone, just remember, I still love you. Just speaking truth among friends. If you want to talk, pm me. My digits will be forthcoming. Don't sit on anger. That's like taking poison to hurt somebody else.
    As much as I'd like and others would probably like too, I cannot keep quiet and not speak my mind. So, I'll speak to my actions more than anything, assuming some of what was said was directed at me. Not trying to drag this conversation out or bring the drama back, but I need to speak.

I'm not really offended, but I'm not going to apologize for my actions either, because I own what I said before and I haven't changed my mind about it either. I wasn't thrilled that radar was invited to FGE to begin with, because his daily involvements in this thread were very minimal (as I stated before), but I understand I was not the host. I was not happy that he won the gun, in fact I was disappointed that it wasn't a regular longer term and more involved member that won the gun. But I let that go as well because I was not in charge of it. When he offered it up for sale, I felt that was wrong and I voiced my opinion about it. Did I get a little immature about some of the things I said, sure, but that's who I am at times and that will never change.

In my opinion, I think what radar did was wrong and frankly I don't care about his feelings being hurt when some of us told him what we thought (we are being honest and truthful after all). Does that make me a jerk and some other not so nice words, probably so. Am I going to lose some friends over it and have people think of me in a different way, probably so. But I've apologized my entire life for my actions instead of standing behind them, and that needs to stop, because I'm exhausted from not being true to myself and going along just to get along.

All that being said, just like real families, we aren't all going to agree on everything, and we **** each other off at times, and this situation was a clear example of that. I'm not going to storm off mad like I have so many times in the past. But me being me, I have to give my opinion so I can move on with my day and not let my feelings eat me alive. I am what I am, I know who I am, and I won't apologize for that. If anyone wants to unfriend me for that, so be it.

This is the last time I will speak of this situation, and I will go back to normal activities from here on out.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Morning all... :coffee:

Glad to see the pistol back in the group where it belongs. I said I'd chip in $100 and will therefore take 2 tickets.

T-DOGG, to use current terminology this is our safe space, so IMO you are free to voice your opinion. I don't think Radar intended any ill, but the way it worked out rubbed you and some of the others wrong. I think we should just keep our raffles to our inner circle and avoid any such conflict in the future. Just my :twocents:, take it for what it's worth ;)

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    As much as I'd like and others would probably like too, I cannot keep quiet and not speak my mind. So, I'll speak to my actions more than anything, assuming some of what was said was directed at me. Not trying to drag this conversation out or bring the drama back, but I need to speak.

I'm not really offended, but I'm not going to apologize for my actions either, because I own what I said before and I haven't changed my mind about it either. I wasn't thrilled that radar was invited to FGE to begin with, because his daily involvements in this thread were very minimal (as I stated before), but I understand I was not the host. I was not happy that he won the gun, in fact I was disappointed that it wasn't a regular longer term and more involved member that won the gun. But I let that go as well because I was not in charge of it. When he offered it up for sale, I felt that was wrong and I voiced my opinion about it. Did I get a little immature about some of the things I said, sure, but that's who I am at times and that will never change.

In my opinion, I think what radar did was wrong and frankly I don't care about his feelings being hurt when some of us told him what we thought (we are being honest and truthful after all). Does that make me a jerk and some other not so nice words, probably so. Am I going to lose some friends over it and have people think of me in a different way, probably so. But I've apologized my entire life for my actions instead of standing behind them, and that needs to stop, because I'm exhausted from not being true to myself and going along just to get along.

All that being said, just like real families, we aren't all going to agree on everything, and we **** each other off at times, and this situation was a clear example of that. I'm not going to storm off mad like I have so many times in the past. But me being me, I have to give my opinion so I can move on with my day and not let my feelings eat me alive. I am what I am, I know who I am, and I won't apologize for that. If anyone wants to unfriend me for that, so be it.

This is the last time I will speak of this situation, and I will go back to normal activities from here on out.
    @T-DOGG ... true words spoken my friend ... same as @patience0830 spoke in his post.

Families have dynamics that play out in very different ways ... some we like and some we don't like. The end of the day, though, if we are truly family, then we can put things aside and move forward together.

Seems to me that the core of this group and quite a few others who have come alongside (like me) understand (or learn to understand) this dynamic ... unfortunately, some don't/won't learn/understand and they fall away which is their loss.

Stay SPICY! We wouldn't be the same if you were anything but yourself ... this holds true for the entire misfit CZ menagerie that populates this never-ending thread.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    Morning all!
    Glad to see Cindy returning!
    I would be interested in joining the raffle for ownership, but just to keep it temporarily I’m not interested in, and I hope this doesn’t offend anyone. I would be interested in modifying it to be exactly what I want, just like with any gun that I own and take pride in, but I understand the rules of this raffle and I respect them, but that is my reasoning for not participating.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom