The Czickness LII.2…..the sunshine and roses version.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Out shooting the Marlin 1893 I repaired with some new made 32-40 cast bullet ammo. The Marlin had a bad firing pin and a broken hammer spring, replaced the firing pin with one from a 336 and found a hammer spring on Ebay. Hammer spring was a little weak causing an occasional light strike and I was considering a heat, bend, and temper job on it, but a fellow on the Marlin forum suggested an easy fix of just placing a small shim under it. This worked very well, learn something new every day.

View attachment 324317

Love that style of buttplate, LE !

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    I knew what you were thinking, Bandit. :D
    Denise had the best curves of the two .... OH MY !!!

i-HgfrtFs-L.jpg

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Love that style of buttplate, LE !

You could get 3 different styles on the 1893, that one is called the crescent, there was a flat one and one called the "S". I've always been impressed with the variety of features you could get on guns back around the turn of the century, even on something as simple as a butt plate.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    You could get 3 different styles on the 1893, that one is called the crescent, there was a flat one and one called the "S". I've always been impressed with the variety of features you could get on guns back around the turn of the century, even on something as simple as a butt plate.

Wow ... that is amazing. ! Choice, and craftsmanship.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Sometimes its the simplest of solutions.....

Blackie Collins has a simple invisible idea to tighten up old Colt cap and ball revolvers that get loose over time that involves lock washers. I've got some with a little barrel wobble that I'm going to try his method on. Beats finding and fitting a new wedge. I've already made use of one of his suggestions on a loose arbor using JB weld.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Gun companies back then were pretty amenable to options and customer requests.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I did a bit of shooting at lunch today, but no ammo was involved. Instead, I took some pics of my PCR. I developed and then scanned them after work and while I love the gun, the pic does not do it justice. I shot this using a very beat up Canon FTb that I repaired. This was an $8 parts camera that had a major impact sometime in it's life. I paired it with an equally worn macro lens and this is going to be what I use to shoot stuff that needs shot with a macro lens going forward. It does not show in the picture, but that camera needed bodywork by the rewind crank. It took a bit of metal forming with a hammer to get it back into some semblance of what it was.

PCR.png
    Canon FTb No3.jpg

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    My mother sent me a picture of her just delivered bottle of vitamin c.
    Ot had 5 needle holes in the top of it.
    She ask if she should take it I said no.
    The other bottle does not have those holes.
    She is contacting the company now.
    View attachment 324341
    Good for her in paying attention to that. Way too many people would just open it without a second thought.

llh1956

CZ Wizard
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    Lawrence, IN.
    It was a fun range trip today with B2v, Reece pieces WT and others from our Monday group. I did not care for the FN Reflex, but it would be interesting to shoot one with a red dot. I will shoot the S 2 compact again after adjusting the rear sight. From the factory the rear sight base was about .015 left of center. It was shooting left and low for me. Centered the base and bumped up the adjustment 4 clicks. I agree with B2V that the PCR is a better carry gun.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom