The Czickness LII.2…..the sunshine and roses version.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    Had a good range trip this afternoon.

Shot the new to me Zastava M77 and High Standard Victor for the first time.

20231229_164641.jpg
    20231128_165031~2.jpg

The .308 M77 was actually a pleasant rifle to shoot. Noise and recoil were both nicer than I anticipated. I imagine the Limbsaver butt pad helped.

The Victor quickly reminded me why I never should have traded away the one I had in the 80's. Love actual target sights!!!

Shot a little steel with the WC EDC X9 and finished up with an old High Point C9 my neighbor inherited and was leery of shooting. It went bang every time although I found the trigger a little lacking for my taste. :laugh:

Last edited:

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Like Crack donuts at a GTG? :cool:
    Still disappointed about that...

My take on the S2c.

First I am spoiled, second for a carry gun I prefer to carry hammer down with a DA first shot so a decocker is preferred (although I carry my Rami B but alway cringe when I put the hammer down).

nice pistol, da/sa pretty smooth. With factory sights out of the box I was shooting low and right at 7 yds (rear sight is adjustable so that is pretty meaningless). For a straight out of the box pistol its very nice.

But, for me for that money I think I would prefer getting a P01, cajun parts and a full wizard treatment.....
    This is kinda disappointing. Was hoping that the S2c was an epiphany firearm experience but this confirms what we all know. Hard to beat a CZ plus the Wizard.

Underwhelmed. P365 series is still the best in that segment IMO.

This is not disappointing. Can scratch the FN off my "look at" list.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    Had a good range trip this afternoon.

Shot the new to me Zastava M77 and High Standard Victor for the first time.

View attachment 324302
    View attachment 324303

The .308 M77 was actually a pleasant rifle to shoot. Noise and recoil were both nicer than I anticipated. I imagine the Limbsaver butt pad helped.

The Victor quickly reminded me why I never should have traded away the one I had in the 80's. Love actual target sights!!!

Shot a little steel with the WC EDC X9 and finished up with an old High Point C9 my neighbor inherited and was leery of shooting. It when bang every time although I found the trigger a little lacking for my taste. :laugh:
    M77 is very cool but that High Standard...wow!

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    Is it Christmas in January???

Nope….

Just a trip to AllenMs!

d88fc9ec9939b14943ea03de68a6c903.jpg

432d76cb1ae78d43f9ba994237e842bf.jpg

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Out shooting the Marlin 1893 I repaired with some new made 32-40 cast bullet ammo. The Marlin had a bad firing pin and a broken hammer spring, replaced the firing pin with one from a 336 and found a hammer spring on Ebay. Hammer spring was a little weak causing an occasional light strike and I was considering a heat, bend, and temper job on it, but a fellow on the Marlin forum suggested an easy fix of just placing a small shim under it. This worked very well, learn something new every day.

marlin1893compass.jpg

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    Out shooting the Marlin 1893 I repaired with some new made 32-40 cast bullet ammo. The Marlin had a bad firing pin and a broken hammer spring, replaced the firing pin with one from a 336 and found a hammer spring on Ebay. Hammer spring was a little weak causing an occasional light strike and I was considering a heat, bend, and temper job on it, but a fellow on the Marlin forum suggested an easy fix of just placing a small shim under it. This worked very well, learn something new every day.

View attachment 324317
    Sometimes its the simplest of solutions.....

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom