The Czickness LII.2…..the sunshine and roses version.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I'm hoping that means that the mods will boot him. If he's going to act like that with his deals, this is not the right place for him.
    yeah, not sure mods get involved at that level, but just looking through some of his stuff (looked like some outright flipping on at least one occasion) and that early feedback, even if there was something I was interested in, I wouldn't engage. Could just be he had a rough start, but I'll let others figure that out.

Conducting a deal is pretty straight forward on INGO. Not sure how one has that many issues that quickly.

Last edited:

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County
    yeah, not sure mods get involved at that level, but just looking through some of his stuff (looked like some outright flipping on at least one occasion) and that early feedback, even if there was something I was interested in, I wouldn't engage. Could just be he had a rough start, but I'll let others figure that out. Conducting a deal is pretty straight forward on INGO.
    Way too many no shows for me. I can overlook one time if it’s accidental but it looks like a habitual offender.

Firehawk

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Lebanon
    It feels good in the hand and the trigger breaks nicely at 5lbs. The hammer designed carry piece is the same size as an Sig P365.
    I’m interested to hear a range report on the FN Reflex. I read a glowing review of it in American Rifleman. I later handled one at a LGS and I was underwhelmed. I suspect it was just a bad one and others are much better.

I’m also interested to hear about the S2c. Sounds like a great time :shoot:

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County
    Anyone in the group have a cheap Windows laptop they want to get rid of? I need one to program GMRS radios. Windows software only to program my radios.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Great range trip with the Wizard, Norm, Reese's Pieces and other friends... :thumbsup:

I’m interested to hear a range report on the FN Reflex. I read a glowing review of it in American Rifleman. I later handled one at a LGS and I was underwhelmed. I suspect it was just a bad one and others are much better.

Underwhelmed. P365 series is still the best in that segment IMO.

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield

My take on the S2c.

First I am spoiled, second for a carry gun I prefer to carry hammer down with a DA first shot so a decocker is preferred (although I carry my Rami B but alway cringe when I put the hammer down).

nice pistol, da/sa pretty smooth. With factory sights out of the box I was shooting low and right at 7 yds (rear sight is adjustable so that is pretty meaningless). For a straight out of the box pistol its very nice.

But, for me for that money I think I would prefer getting a P01, cajun parts and a full wizard treatment. Like I said, my well broken in Cajunized with Dawson sights, wizard touched, sub 4 lb (edit: Sa not da) SA PCR s still one of my favorite pistols to shoot and a pleasure to shoot all day (put a little over 750 rounds through it in 3 days when I took the Gunsight pistol class and it ran flawlessly).

Agree with WT on the FN

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    My take on the S2c.

First I am spoiled, second for a carry gun I prefer to carry hammer down with a DA first shot so a decocker is preferred (although I carry my Rami B but alway cringe when I put the hammer down).

nice pistol, da/sa pretty smooth. With factory sights out of the box I was shooting low and right at 7 yds (rear sight is adjustable so that is pretty meaningless). For a straight out of the box pistol its very nice.

But, for me for that money I think I would prefer getting a P01, cajun parts and a full wizard treatment. Like I said, my well broken in Cajunized with Dawson sights, wizard touched, sub 4 lb DA PCR s still one of my favorite pistols to shoot and a pleasure to shoot all day (put a little over 750 rounds through it in 3 days when I took the Gunsight pistol class and it ran flawlessly).

Agree with WT on the FN

Agreed on the S2C. It was nice, but not $1200 nice. Like we discussed, nice having an optics cut on a CZ pistol, but that's the nicest thing IMO.

Haven

Network Warlord
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    Anyone in the group have a cheap Windows laptop they want to get rid of? I need one to program GMRS radios. Windows software only to program my radios.
    CameraMonkey picked up an $80 laptop at Microcenter the other week. I didn't look for one when I was up there the other weekend. I think he is using it for much the same thing.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    CameraMonkey picked up an $80 laptop at Microcenter the other week. I didn't look for one when I was up there the other weekend. I think he is using it for much the same thing.
    Was that a refurb I assume? I might have to go check there as I paid $220 for a refurb from a guy I know that reconditions laptops. Wouldn't mind picking up one for less than $100.

Haven

Network Warlord
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    Was that a refurb I assume? I might have to go check there as I paid $220 for a refurb from a guy I know that reconditions laptops. Wouldn't mind picking up one for less than $100.
    Nope, it was brand new. Though it was 4GB RAM, 64GB SSD, and a Celeron processor.

I am guessing it was:

Microcenter

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Ah, I see. That's okay I've done the Celeron thing in the past and wasn't happy with it. I'm okay getting the ~$200 refurb laptop, as it'll come with a Core i7, 16GB RAM and a 256GB NVME drive.

Haven

Network Warlord
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    Ah, I see. That's okay I've done the Celeron thing in the past and wasn't happy with it. I'm okay getting the ~$200 refurb laptop, as it'll come with a Core i7, 16GB RAM and a 256GB NVME drive.
    I don't recommend it for a daily driver, but if you want a cheap laptop for specific things, it would work ok. It would likely do light web stuff ok as well.

Then again, I have been known to use my Raspberry Pi 4 (8GB) for general web stuff and using as a Linux workstation.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom