The Czickness LII.2…..the sunshine and roses version.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    I opened the grips up this morning intending to get them installed and wrapped. At first glance the engraving was well done but I was disappointed with the stain. It was very dark and hid a lot of engraving detail. I didn’t get a before pic of the other side but it was even darker. Also the left side was not cut for the mag release.

View attachment 320147

So I attempted a quick project while the Mrs was out. I cut a relief for the mag release. I took 220 then 400 grip sandpaper and lightly sanded the top surface just enough to create some contrast with the leopard engraving. The right hand grip (left in the pic) started out so dark that I could hardly see the leopard face engraved. It looks much better with some contrast.

View attachment 320148

Then I applied a light coat of tung oil over the top surface to help enhance the grain and contrast. Perhaps there’s a better product to use? Idk, but tung oil was on hand and got it done in my limited time. I think she’ll like it and it’s a definitely a big step up from Muddy Girl Camo!

View attachment 320149

Now I’m thinking about what baseplates will go with the grips. The +2 blue baseplates definitely don’t match. Or should I just stick with standard mags?
    CZ 75 SP01 "The Tiger"
    "The Leopard"
    "The Blue Leopard"

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    the darkroom is making progress. I should be developing rolls of film by the end of next week and doing enlargements by the end of January (thanks MM). I feel like I'm 18 years old again

This is a great thing ! I hope that you have a wonderful vacation/holiday.
    That 200mm lens was a steal..... what's the F-stop ? (F4 ?)

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Got a crick in my neck last night, and was only able to catch about 3 hours sleep.
    Spent most of the day and evening with a heating pad on the base of my neck, and it's thankfully a bit better now.

Still, I was able to slip out to a couple of specialty stores and finish my Christmas shopping. As expected, it was a madhouse out there ! :runaway:
    I do most of my shopping on Amazon, and am glad that it's all done now !

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I'm up, and wide awake.
    My middle boy, and his GF are in the hospital she's having another granddaughter. Arrival today sometime.
    Just got news from my youngest son's wife. She's starting contractions and waiting on water to break also.
    I may have two more grand babies this Christmas ;)
    What a wonderful Christmas gift.
    One will be born in Kentucky, the other in Nebraska.
    Pray all goes will.

Haven

Network Warlord
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    I'm up, and wide awake.
    My middle boy, and his GF are in the hospital she's having another granddaughter. Arrival today sometime.
    Just got news from my youngest son's wife. She's starting contractions and waiting on water to break also.
    Pray all goes will.
    Congrats! I hope everything goes well for them as well.

Firehawk

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Lebanon
    I'm up, and wide awake.
    Pray all goes will.
    Early congrats DadSmith! Praying for healthy mommas and babies.

llh1956

CZ Wizard
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    Lawrence, IN.
    Good morning! Yesterday I had the day after eye surgery checkup. My right eye tested 20/30 vision and is expected to get close to 20/20 if not 20/20 vision and I will have to use glasses for reading. It is amazing as I notice colors are much brighter and sharp! I will have another check up on the right eye on the 26th and surgery on the left eye on the 27th.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Good morning! Yesterday I had the day after eye surgery checkup. My right eye tested 20/30 vision and is expected to get close to 20/20 if not 20/20 vision and I will have to use glasses for reading. It is amazing as I notice colors are much brighter and sharp! I will have another check up on the right eye on the 26th and surgery on the left eye on the 27th.
    Excited for you!
    and jealous of you... :cool:

wingrider1800

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 27, 2014
    Harrison County
    My 90 yo uncle told me the reason your ears and eyes fail as you get old is so you can't hear or see what you crawl in bed with. He also said that when your sticker don't pick up it's time to die cause you're done. The kicker is that he's serious.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Morning folks.

88, I love what you’re doing with the cameras!

Speaking of “new” hobbies…. I was perusing around YouTube last night and came across a video of a vintage car rally through the Sahara… Then it led into more…

The Peking to Paris rally… oh boy…. The bucket list keeps getting longer! 12,000 miles through Asia… in cars 1974 and older… Rally started in 1907!

IMG_5236.jpeg

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom