The Czickness LII.2…..the sunshine and roses version.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    and so it begins ... last night in the blink of an eye, I found myself purchasing the last two TSV 22 cans that Aszerigan (Whitetail Trading Co.) had on hand.

He knew that I still wanted/needed to set up an NFA trust with Marc Halata. But being the highly skilled enabler that he is; he informed me that I could purchase them now and that he would hold them in his safe until that process was done. After the trust is created, he and I will start down the tax stamp rabbit hole. I even set up an ATF efiling account.

Who knew it would be this easy? Just throw money at the issue and it starts to resolve.

Anyhow, in whatever timeframe it takes to create an NFA trust and acquire tax stamps, I will be the (legally) proud owner of two very nice silencers for my .22 LR firearms.

In hind sight, I’m beginning to wonder if he trained this group of enablers or vice versa … hmmmm
    I got one of them. I have all my stuff filed individually. I need to ask if my trust plan would work...set up a trust with the kids on it, then leave everything to the trust when I die and they just have to form 5 or whatever for free as part of an estate.

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    I got one of them. I have all my stuff filed individually. I need to ask if my trust plan would work...set up a trust with the kids on it, then leave everything to the trust when I die and they just have to form 5 or whatever for free as part of an estate.
    I have so much yet to learn about NFA items, but had planned all along to get started this year. After much hemming and hawing (until last night), I finally decided to employ your marshmallow resistance technique.

I did want to try two different cans, but Andrew convinced me that the TSV is the best currently available. Since he had two and seems like a rightous dude ... well, the rest is in the books.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    I have so much yet to learn about NFA items, but had planned all along to get started this year. After much hemming and hawing (until last night), I finally decided to employ your marshmallow resistance technique.

I did want to try two different cans, but Andrew convinced me that the TSV is the best currently available. Since he had two and seems like a rightous dude ... well, the rest is in the books.
    Marshmallow came from CM.

Must be strong like bull!
    But I am weak like marshmallow.
    Strong like marshmallow bull...buy the gun!

Haven

Network Warlord
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    Much appreciation to the generosity and hospitality of Allen M and his little helper for imparting their experience and wisdom upon us today.

Great to spend the day with CZ/1911ickos.

Every time I learn a little bit about 1911s… I realize how much more that I don’t know.
    It was a good day, with a lot of good company. I learned a lot, and it was once again reinforced that I need to learn more.

I had a really good time today. Now to get out and shoot my 1911.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    If you want to see something "interesting". Go to Gunbroker and search for Gunbusters. You can also find the company on-line.

They are a company that destroys buy-back and other guns. Sometimes they will just destroy the serialized part and sell the rest as a parts kit.

How dangerous these weapons are is highlight by this one...

I might buy one just to return a buy-back gun to its 2A right to exist.

The gun-grabbers are not happy about this....

Haven

Network Warlord
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    If you want to see something "interesting". Go to Gunbroker and search for Gunbusters. You can also find the company on-line.

They are a company that destroys buy-back and other guns. Sometimes they will just destroy the serialized part and sell the rest as a parts kit.

I'm looking through their listings, and I found a Sccy CPX-2, but I can't figure out what is missing from it. For $20 I am tempted, only because I have one already, and I have the MCARBO kit to make the trigger better (not that it could get worse). I might be able to use it to learn from. Plus the slide is already cut for an optic.

Though, my CPX-2 hasn't been out of the safe in over a year since I got the Hellcat.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009

A good source for parts, but you have to buy them all even if you only need a few.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    I'm looking through their listings, and I found a Sccy CPX-2, but I can't figure out what is missing from it. For $20 I am tempted, only because I have one already, and I have the MCARBO kit to make the trigger better (not that it could get worse). I might be able to use it to learn from. Plus the slide is already cut for an optic.

Though, my CPX-2 hasn't been out of the safe in over a year since I got the Hellcat.

I am guessing there is a serialized FCU or frame part that is missing from the kit?

Firehawk

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Lebanon
    I think I was talking to @Firehawk about the H&K VP9 micro-compact, it is actually called, HK SFP9CC.

https://gunmagwarehouse.com/blog/hk-sfp9cc-micro-compact-one-and-a-half-stack-9mm/

It looks really interesting to me. I am hoping it hits the US market next year.
    I keep my eye out for good southpaw carry options for the Mrs. This definitely looks interesting. Getting her to a place where she feels ready to pick out her own carry pistol is an uphill battle. Battle isn’t the right word, I let it be and just try to keep encouraging her very limited shooting experience and focus on making it fun when we do go shooting.

On that note, I ordered her her own pair of custom grips for the SP01. She loves everything leopard print, it’s her style. The grips are very nice wood grips with decorative leopard and print engraved. She’ll love it. And hopefully it’ll encourage her to step up from just practicing with 22lr to 9mm.

1702218883137.png

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom