The Czickness LII.2…..the sunshine and roses version.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    268   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Tavis,
    I would welcome help. Also I do like the idea of showing 80 vs 70 series.
    The "advanced" courses are doable and I am sure would be interesting but I would have to give some thought to how I would want to go about that. There might be a fee.
    I hope the other frame is gone by then, or maybe buy it and hang on to it... just saying ;)
    Screenshot_20231030_102915_Google.jpg

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Impressive selling prices again on GB last night, saw a 1878 Colt sell for 6K and still can't figure out what I'm missing that pushed the price that high. Two Richards conversions went for 2 and 3 K, a number of Winchester 1873s sold for 1.5 K .

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Morning guys,
    Some of you CZ folks and some others have shown interest in another 1911 class/get together. I am all for it but have been trying to think of what to cover.
    Since it is impossible to cover all aspects of the various fitment and tuning that can go into a 1911 in one day.
    I have come up with an idea that I want to get some feedback on.

My thoughts were to do complete disassembly and comparison between a production built basic gun and a hand fit custom gun to show some of the differences. possibly even a third mid level gun.

I see regular posts about "why should I spend X amount over this cheap pistol" or similar something to that effect and I thought this might give some insight.

Also simultaneously letting everyone disassemble a 1911 that they brought with them and go over basic function and tuning.

What do you guys think? have anything to add or subtract from this rough outline?
    Sign me up and charge me a fee.

I also wouldn't mind more insight into the various aspects of barrel/link fitment.

Firehawk

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Lebanon
    Nope...I was just playing mcapo's game. It' the CZick thing to do.

But we do need to arrange a pantless run from south of Indy to mcapo's area.
    I’ll be running up to Logansport and Wabash tomorrow. I know it’s short notice, but I’m willing to help if possible.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom