The Czickness LII.2…..the sunshine and roses version.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    Impressive selling prices again on GB last night, saw a 1878 Colt sell for 6K and still can't figure out what I'm missing that pushed the price that high. Two Richards conversions went for 2 and 3 K, a number of Winchester 1873s sold for 1.5 K .
    The usual suspect ... at least two bidders who were sampling their bourbon collection. They both woke up with headaches, but one also has a much lighter wallet.

Either that or it's some sort of shill bidder.

I've seen the shill bidding shennanigans with auctions I'm bidding on. It's a very rare thing for me to up my bid after I set my maximum. Then, when I see the same item relisted a week or so later, it starts all over again. Until finally, they figure out my max bid and amazingly the same people bidding against me stop just short of that line. It's quite entertaining.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    The usual suspect ... at least two bidders who were sampling their bourbon collection. They both woke up with headaches, but one also has a much lighter wallet.

Either that or it's some sort of shill bidder.

I've seen the shill bidding shennanigans with auctions I'm bidding on. It's a very rare thing for me to up my bid after I set my maximum. Then, when I see the same item relisted a week or so later, it starts all over again. Until finally, they figure out my max bid and amazingly the same people bidding against me stop just short of that line. It's quite entertaining.

I've chased guns up high if there is something special about them. One 1878 a few years back I chased up over 2K, but it had a document provenance and an engraving that proved it belonged to a marshal that worked for Judge Parker. Would have liked to get that one but other bidders showed no sign of stopping. The one last night was nice, but not 6k worth of nice.

You're right about the shill bidders, for me the tip off is they bid in small increments, they want to push the selling price up but not go over.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    I may have a need to hit Greenwood soon, just saying.

If Tarzan can bring it to me I465 - (US31 south exit) ?
    You could pick it up, and transport the package farther north (ginseng tea available for both) :cool:
    Sorry, but this is the first week that I don't have multiple dental/doctor appts, and I'm not leaving the house !

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I like Carl's Doughnuts better than Pana.
    Only been to Carl's once. Don't recall them much. I'm sure they are good.

Pana is kind of good as it's sort of between yeast and cake.

I'm not big into doughnuts, but will get them every once in a while. I will go to Pana with a coupon occasionally and If we don't have any company, I give some to the neighbors.

wingrider1800

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 27, 2014
    Harrison County
    Give me a little warning and I would be happy to meet you in Greenwood if you can work the rest out with mcapo.
    I figure that I'm gonna end up heading north this weekend if not before. I will most likely meet with the wizzard and MM along the way. Waiting to make sure this wizzard is ready for me. If this helps anyone, I'm in.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom