The Czickness LII.2…..the sunshine and roses version.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Same. The worst traffic I have had to deal with is when the cat sits in the middle of the doorway and won't get out of the way.
    We don't have traffic out here in SD lol, when I found myself getting irritated with some of the recent construction on the main shopping drag in Sioux Falls I had to remind myself it's nowhere near real traffic.

Haven

Network Warlord
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    Just found out that my former employer is closing his business. He is in his 70’s and could not find any new employees but one to replace 2 of us that retired and one who took a different job.
    It seems like the labor market is still pretty tight, in some ways. Though, we are starting to see some cooling in the tech sector at least. We have seen huge tech corporations letting people go left, and right.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Just found out that my former employer is closing his business. He is in his 70’s and could not find any new employees but one to replace 2 of us that retired and one who took a different job.
    Sorry to hear that. I do think that this will become more common as we move forward. I don't know if that presents opportunity or will just make problems harder to fix in the future.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    It seems like the labor market is still pretty tight, in some ways. Though, we are starting to see some cooling in the tech sector at least. We have seen huge tech corporations letting people go left, and right.
    and my firm belief is that is happening as they overhired during Covid and now stock market pressure (and keeping up with each other on that front) is behind the tech sector letting people go more than anything related to revenue, etc.

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Got tired of waiting for the WC X-macro grip to come out (though I'm sure it will likely now get announced at SHOT) and my order from Lanbo's got delivered today, so I made my own:

20231207_173231744_iOS - Copy.jpg
    Now I see that I should have started buying 17 round mags instead of scooping up 12 rounders. I've got 2 17 rounders for now (got a good BF deal from Academy on them) and may look for more. Still will be carrying another X config I have for now, but interested in seeing how I like this setup as well.

Grip module and some new mags much cheaper than new gun, when I already had an XL.

Last edited:

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Got tired of waiting for the WC X-macro grip to come out (though I'm sure it will likely now get announced at SHOT) and my order from Lanbo's got delivered today, so I made my own:

View attachment 317304
    Now I see that I should have started buying 17 round mags instead of scooping up 12 rounders. I've got 2 17 rounders for now (got a good BF deal from Academy on them) and may look for more. Still will be carrying another X config I have for now, but interested in seeing how I like this setup as well.

Grip module and some new mags much cheaper than new gun, when I already had an XL.

I like the modularity as I can carry my X Macro whenever I want but if I want to conceal it better, I switch to the WC XL grip module. The only downside is that when it becomes cold enough that I wear gloves, I can't carry it because neither grip module easily accommodates a gloved finger due to the size of the trigger guard.

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I like the modularity as I can carry my X Macro whenever I want but if I want to conceal it better, I switch to the WC XL grip module. The only downside is that when it becomes cold enough that I wear gloves, I can't carry it because neither grip module easily accommodates a gloved finger due to the size of the trigger guard.
    Yeah, I was hoping to wait for the WC module as they are rumored to possibly have an option with similar rail setup as XL and standard modules to allow use of same holsters (X-macro OEM module I believe requires different holsters) and due to potential for an X-macro module that would potentially accommodate the standard shorter slide. So far the WC X-macro module has been vapor, but I fully expect they will come out. Guessing some agreement with Sig is the delay.

And I submit you may need to get some tighter fitting gloves, though they will be less cold resistant (I have some of the original PIG gloves from SKD and I wear them in winter to protect from abrasions, etc but they really don't keep hands particularly warm)

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    And I submit you may need to get some tighter fitting gloves, though they will be less cold resistant (I have some of the original PIG gloves from SKD and I wear them in winter to protect from abrasions, etc but they really don't keep hands particularly warm)

I would do that, but my arthritis is bad in the cold, so bigger gloves are unfortunately necessary for me.

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Got my MOE bipod today as well. Should be good for the light duty I'll put it through for my 17 HMR. Should have kept my versapod from my 308 when I sold it. I let it go with the rifle. Got this at Lanbo's but Sportsman's Warehouse has a pretty decent deal on the MOE bipods currently as well.

20231207_193008804_iOS - Copy.jpg20231207_192957402_iOS - Copy.jpg

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom