The Czickness LII….it is the grey time of year. Tungsten Grey that is…

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    No, but several guys on RFC swear by them for ammo and other stuff. I got a price quote from them recently on a Holosun EPS carry which my LGS came close enough to that I just ordered from the local guys.
    Yep, I just got a quote on an optic (surprisingly a much better price on the green from them than the red reticle quote I got from them as well ) which was better than I expected.

Which LGS did you order from? Just curious, I may give them a chance as well.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    Yep, I just got a quote on an optic (surprisingly a much better price on the green from them than the red reticle quote I got from them as well ) which was better than I expected.

Which LGS did you order from? Just curious, I may give them a chance as well.

What optic are you pricing? You have me wanting a new optic for the Q-HB I have ordered even though I know I should wait until it is in hand. I came across the pharmacy and gun shop as well in my hunt.

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    What optic are you pricing? You have me wanting a new optic for the Q-HB I have ordered even though I know I should wait until it is in hand. I came across the pharmacy and gun shop as well in my hunt.
    Debating on everything from Holosun 510C on the low end to some old stock 512C, to the Holosun AEMS. All circle dot, multi reticle versions. I'm guessing you are probably looking at higher end than I am.

I'm guessing Bcannon is about to have a seizure over all the Holosun, but I will say the gun it's going on (at least as it came OEM is less than his $1k rule)

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    Debating on everything from Holosun 510C on the low end to some old stock 512C, to the Holosun AEMS. All circle dot, multi reticle versions. I'm guessing you are probably looking at higher end than I am.

I'm guessing Bcannon is about to have a seizure over all the Holosun, but I will say the gun it's going on (at least as it came OEM is less than his $1k rule)

I looked at Meprolight and Trijicon MRO but wasn't finding the combination of features I want (mostly the same ones as you). I keep coming back to the Holosun 510c and AEMS.

I should use the extra Eotech or Holosun 503 I have.

Edit: Hmmm...I could use the 510c on my AR9 PCC "race" gun and put my not currently being used C-MORE Railway on the PCC. That would be perfect except I really wanted to try something new...lol

Last edited:

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    My favorite thing about the season ..... Creme Eggs !

IMG_20180312_201222598-M.jpg

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I looked at Meprolight and Trijicon MRO but wasn't finding the combination of features I want (mostly the same ones as you). I keep coming back to the Holosun 510c and AEMS.

I should use the extra Eotech or Holosun 503 I have.

Edit: Hmmm...I could use the 510c on my AR9 PCC "race" gun and put my not currently being used C-MORE Railway on the PCC. That would be perfect except I really wanted to try something new...lol
    They had some good pricing on the 510C red and the AEMS in green. I was looking at the red initially for AEMS but their price is better for the green for some reason which is surprising.

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I prefer green. Both of my 510c's are green.
    Yeah, it's strange, they have the 510c red cheaper as I'd expect than the green at the drugs and guns place, but on the AEMS they have the green cheaper than the red. I was originally looking at red for continuity with my other optics, but could be pursuaded to go green with this one if I go AEMS and go with gunsanddrugs.com ;-)

I'm a little concerned that I have read some reviews that the AEMS gives up window size and clarity to the 510C though the 510C is the open emitter. Ugh, analysis paralysis. Cost is also a factor.

Last edited:

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    You're welcome to try my 510c.

I like the idea of a large window also, but in reality, I don't know that it makes that much difference if you are using a PCC, rifle or braced pistol and keeping both eyes open.

I don't lose the dot like I do with a pistol. Look at the next target and swing the dot over it. Your head doesn't move in relation to the gun, just your eyes. That's probably a really poor description.

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    You're welcome to try my 510c.

I like the idea of a large window also, but in reality, I don't know that it makes that much difference if you are using a PCC, rifle or braced pistol and keeping both eyes open.

I don't lose the dot like I do with a pistol. Look at the next target and swing the dot over it. Your head doesn't move in relation to the gun, just your eyes. That's probably a really poor description.
    No, that makes sense. More about that first shot on either and except at FNS, the PDW is probably already up and ready anyway.

Decisions.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom