The Czickness LII….it is the grey time of year. Tungsten Grey that is…

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I spent the afternoon troubleshooting the network over at the bagel shop. I screwed up and didn't do the basic thing. After reminding myself of what the network setup looked like (I need to get this fixed), I resetup the extender that needs to be used with one of the credit card machines. I forgot to reboot the credit card machine after resetting up the extender.
    Took me extra time because I didn't do that basic step. Bah.
    I deal with folks all the time that contact us after doing their own troubleshooting and getting down rabbit holes, but then don't want to back up and cover the basics with our engineer's eyes on the screen with them, etc, and what you describe is exactly the reason for us doing that.

I always tell people to call us earlier than they think they may need to to avoid some of the repeat, but I also get that's not most folks preferred option.

But yes, to your point, cover the basics (sometimes doing so twice) is a good thing.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Tanks MM. Left my NP a msg. Bp up a little after coffee. 100/66.
    Barb is making me oatmeal for a change.

Maybe it took a while for your body to get chugging-along this morning.
    I'm glad that your bp has risen, but happy that you've decided to consult the experts. :thumbsup:
    Barb's a good woman .... but you already know that !

Haven

Network Warlord
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    I deal with folks all the time that contact us after doing their own troubleshooting and getting down rabbit holes, but then don't want to back up and cover the basics with our engineer's eyes on the screen with them, etc, and what you describe is exactly the reason for us doing that.

I always tell people to call us earlier than they think they may need to to avoid some of the repeat, but I also get that's not most folks preferred option.

But yes, to your point, cover the basics (sometimes doing so twice) is a good thing.
    Which is exactly what I did. I stopped, and started over, started with the basics. It is so much easier when I am at work, than to do that when doing stuff for my parents.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Which is exactly what I did. I stopped, and started over, started with the basics. It is so much easier when I am at work, than to do that when doing stuff for my parents.
    Definitely. Dealing with someone else's setup and coming into an issue in the middle of a problem definitely tests the troubleshooting skills. I definitely admire folks that can come into an issue cold and review everything and find the issue quickly. As others mentioned, it's a skill set to do that.

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    Hey Norm! @Born2vette
    My bp was 90/60 at one point this morning. Top number hasn't gotten over 97 and I'm kinda light headed when I get up to do anything. Did not double up on my bp med last night but I did have a cough and a fever. Think maybe the humidifier is trying to give me legionairre's disease. Any suggestions?

Clean the humidifier?

Go to the doctor?
    30 points low top and bottom of the bp is unheard of for me.
    Hydrate aggressively. Watch your temperature and call your doctor. Do not change any meds without talking to your doc and take it easy today.

Firehawk

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Lebanon
    Definitely. Dealing with someone else's setup and coming into an issue in the middle of a problem definitely tests the troubleshooting skills. I definitely admire folks that can come into an issue cold and review everything and find the issue quickly. As others mentioned, it's a skill set to do that.
    This^^^ Following up someone else’s work is chore. I always start back at the beginning and go over everything again. I’m the Go-To-Guy in our region for the equipment I specialize in. It’s not uncommon for techs to call me in on something they can’t figure out. Or we get a new contract on aged equipment and I find it’s never ran properly and the previous tech just did “band-aid” repairs to cover the symptoms without resolving the root problem. But the way I’m wired, I enjoy the challenge and the sense of accomplishment when I figure it out.

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    Haven’t been on here in a while. Life got insane for a month or so. Christmas with lots of family in Florida. Furnace went out the day it got really cold a few weeks ago, unexpectedly had to replace tires in wife’s car and some roof repairs for good measure. I kept telling myself I’d have time to catch up here and never did. So I may be about 100 pages behind but ill just start fresh

I plan to let go of the sp01 orange European model with extended barrel to recoup some of the funds. Figured id ask the czickos before it goes to the classies. Would like to get 950 or trade for regular cz and cash

UPC 01168
    IMG_4916.jpeg

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom