MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Nice MM!

Um, your big deck is looking a little weathered, may be time for some maintenance.

That deck has been around for a while. My wife and I actually constructed the deck about 25 years ago (maybe longer). The deck boards are treated 2 X 8's, not the usual thinner deck boards.
    I give it what attention I can, but it gets harder every year !

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    And you know what they say! Big hands, big feet….

2 out of 3 ain't bad!

You dog !
    Have I ever told you what they say about me, Norm ? Hmmmm ?
    "There are only (3) bada**es in the entire USA. There's (1) on the east coast, there's one on the west coast ...... and they're both paying me to stay right where I'm at" ! :laugh:

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    268   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    That looks sweet, Spicy ! Did you have to make another washer/spacer to mate the comp to the barrel ?
    No spacer on this one. This barrel is made for the Sar K12 and the shoulder on the barrel is well past the slide. The washer you see is a crush washer that comes with the comp (comp is designed for use on something like an AR in 9mm, etc). The washer sits against the shoulder on the barrel and I sandwich an oring in between that and the comp. I play around with oring thickness to get the comp to go on tight so it doesn't loosen up, but I can remove it easily with light force from a wrench. That allows me to easily remove the barrel for cleaning. I didn't want a comp that has set screws and is more "permanently " in place.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    No spacer on this one. This barrel is made for the Sar K12 and the shoulder on the barrel is well past the slide. The washer you see is a crush washer that comes with the comp (comp is designed for use on something like an AR in 9mm, etc). The washer sits against the shoulder on the barrel and I sandwich an oring in between that and the comp. I play around with oring thickness to get the comp to go on tight so it doesn't loosen up, but I can remove it easily with light force from a wrench. That allows me to easily remove the barrel for cleaning. I didn't want a comp that has set screws and is more "permanently " in place.

OK .... crush washer. Got it ! :thumbsup:

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    Well the stress and anxiety is finally going down from the range today. Went to put kadet on my p01 and somehow bumped the recoil spring and it and the guide rod went flying.

Found the spring in about a minute. Took a good twenty or so to find the guide rod. To the point I was online trying to find one to order and just admit defeat. I am thankful the range was mowed within the last few days since I shot last. No way I would have found either when the grass was long last weekend.

Was probably the most gut wrenching moment in my years of shooting and tinkering LOL

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    Well the stress and anxiety is finally going down from the range today. Went to put kadet on my p01 and somehow bumped the recoil spring and it and the guide rod went flying.

Found the spring in about a minute. Took a good twenty or so to find the guide rod. To the point I was online trying to find one to order and just admit defeat. I am thankful the range was mowed within the last few days since I shot last. No way I would have found either when the grass was long last weekend.

Was probably the most gut wrenching moment in my years of shooting and tinkering LOL
    I have not looked, but how difficult are kadet parts to come by?

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010

Now you need a dedicated frame... Just sayin'

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    If memory serves me, I remember 88 looking for a gun part (a screw?) in the gravel at one of the SGE gatherings.
    I was very thankful today that I shoot at the fop range here in town that never has any other shooters. Would have been totally embarrassing if I was crawling around ground around other shooters!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom