Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    That’s not a knife. THAT’s a knife.

337e81c76f96337d8e6137fe5ef85d33.jpg

Sorry could not resist.

This my EDC knife. Thin, light and capable. Carried it for four years now. Thanks @Hoosier45 !

409a9091f3d5062f872936d4945f2498.jpg
    I’ve been looking everywhere for that. When you asked if you could borrow it I thought you were going to put it back in my range bag.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I know bobcat has some nice knives here in shelbyville. I think Microtech. Too rich for my blood though. I stick the the American made gerbers and kershaws and one stupid little crkt I love
    Cool. On that trip out to see you, Bobcat didn't open for another hour. Might have a reason to come out your way again and check these out at some point.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.8%
    30   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    I just like the name... Anything with "Effing" in it makes for a cool name.

That said, I do think IL restricts auto openers so that may limit some selection in that regard?

They have sold them in the past but they keep them behind the counter. May be special order.

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    Is Magnum Research the importer for the Bul Armory 1911's now, or is there some other agreement? Was checking out the websites looking a bit to see what I could find on those.
    The Mag.Res./Bul is a collaboration between the two. Couldn't find a example but Springfield and Bul collaborated to produce the Springfield Armory Bul M5. I almost bought one but it went for big money being a semi-collector piece.

I did find this, with less than 5 available. Of course the gun fund is to low again but someone might be able to take advantage of it.. (@T-DOGG )

Last edited:

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    I know there is a knives subforum and I may wander in there, but what are folks that frequent this thread carrying for EDC blades? Anyone gotten into any auto/assisted opening knives. I haven't bought a new knife in decades since I used to frequent Smokey Mountain Knife Works when my parents lived nearby there. I'm still carrying a tanto tip Cold Steel Voyager foldable from decades ago.

I'll throw out a few quick things that have caught my eye recently, after I hear some thoughts. I'm not well versed in knives. I did reach out to Edged Tools and got some ideas recently.

Thoughts?
    I've carried a ZT 450 for the past 10 years or so. Recently picked up a replacement from Edged Tools ... two is one and all that jazz.

Prior to the ZT it was Kershaw Leeks. Loved the Leek, but found the point too fragile.

When I first got the ZT, it was the most I had ever spent on a knife and was actually afraid to sharpen it. A few conversations with @rhino cured me of that phobia.

As for autos ... I'm still in the camp that they're toys for opening letters and cutting twine, but not a serious EDC knife.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.8%
    30   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Bourbon and baseball tonight. It's the only way I can watch the Yankees lately..
    We visited the rental and the renters (grandkids) today. Got "The Motherload" at City BBQ on the way up for lunch. Got home an hour or so ago and had leftovers and an ear of sweetcorn and a beer apiece. Bourbon now for me but no baseball. Cat in my lap and one on Barb too. Squirrel hunting in the AM. Got two off the porch b4 we left this morning.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.8%
    30   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    I've carried a ZT 450 for the past 10 years or so. Recently picked up a replacement from Edged Tools ... two is one and all that jazz.

Prior to the ZT it was Kershaw Leeks. Loved the Leek, but found the point too fragile.

When I first got the ZT, it was the most I had ever spent on a knife and was actually afraid to sharpen it. A few conversations with @rhino cured me of that phobia.

As for autos ... I'm still in the camp that they're toys for opening letters and cutting twine, but not a serious EDC knife.
    I really like the 450. Great little knife.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana

I really like the 450. Great little knife.

Sinkevich designed ZT knives are fabulous. I needed mine to have a touch of carbon fiber .... always the right temperature in my hand.

1692151869082.png

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    I thought there needed to be red berries before you pulled them. Only "singed" once and it was 35ish yrs ago so not positive about that.

That green berry (center) will probably have 2 others join it. They turn red very rapidly, and equally rapidly drop to the ground. By Sep. 1, they're ready to dig.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom