THE CZickness L....Celebrating 50 threads with CZs, gunsmoke and serious discussion....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Firehawk

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Lebanon
    This afternoon, my youngest and I took a look at a potential track car candidate. He currently drives an 88 E30 with an M50 swap on track days and has been wanting to build a new, more track focused car. This is what we looked at. It's a 98 BMW 328i with a bad slushbox transmission. We just happen to have a good manual transmission, drives haft, lsd and pedal box with a clutch pedal.

It's remarkably solid given that it's been sitting for a long time. The price is in his budget, too. That is, it's free. I'm thinking that we'll drag it home some time this spring and work on bringing it back to life. It should be fun.
    24c798e34aacf5ab1b3abcd850c9db61.jpg
    A good friend of mine used to be a BMW tech. He had a 318 hatchback he picked up for $300 (I don’t remember the year). He was working on making it a race car. He had a GM LS 5.3 with a 6sp manual and mount kit. He also managed to get a M3 rear diff and suspension for it. The plan was to get it all bolted up and driving and then twin turbo it.

Unfortunately he turned out to be a major A hole and my sister divorced him. I’ve hardly talked to him since and he sold everything off. It would’ve been an awesome car.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    A good friend of mine used to be a BMW tech. He had a 318 hatchback he picked up for $300 (I don’t remember the year). He was working on making it a race car. He had a GM LS 5.3 with a 6sp manual and mount kit. He also managed to get a M3 rear diff and suspension for it. The plan was to get it all bolted up and driving and then twin turbo it.

Unfortunately he turned out to be a major A hole and my sister divorced him. I’ve hardly talked to him since and he sold everything off. It would’ve been an awesome car.

Ok….that story took an unexpected turn….

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    Nice to have the windows open today. Wish I was at the range like wt, lh and radar.

I did take a couple hours yesterday and today and did some yard clean-up. My poor yard. Between dogs and grandkids, I should just remove the grass put in turf or rock.
    Reminds me of CM's backyard. He put in turf for allergy reasons.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    Nice to have the windows open today. Wish I was at the range like wt, lh and radar.

I did take a couple hours yesterday and today and did some yard clean-up. My poor yard. Between dogs and grandkids, I should just remove the grass put in turf or rock.

My backyard is toast. The dogs, the kids, the neighbors kids. I've considered hiring a jagman to slab it all.

Haven

Network Warlord
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    I've been thinking of seeding my backyard with clover. It helps the honeybees, is dog resistant, and it is green.

Though there are two Indiana native types, and there is an invasive type. There is also an issue of it will spread. Your neighbors might not be happy about it.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    I've been thinking of seeding my backyard with clover. It helps the honeybees, is dog resistant, and it is green.

Though there are two Indiana native types, and there is an invasive type. There is also an issue of it will spread. Your neighbors might not be happy about it.
    Clover? I have acres of it at the ballpark. All you can pull for all the hot dogs you can eat.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Finally got some time to shoot the Phantom Sunday!

tempImagerx64ss.jpg
    Very nice trigger, still the oem curved with a long reach, but seems lighter and smoother than factory. Will still get Wizardized at some point.
    Much less muzzle flip than I expected, shoots similar to the Tactical which surprised me.

One major problem though, mags don't drop out. Fully loaded drop out if you shake the gun, empty seem to stay stuck no matter what. It seems like the sides of the frame are pushed in and stick to sides of mag. Tried all manner of mags. Doesn't seem to be a mag release issue that I can see, just sticky all the way up.
    Has anyone heard of or experienced this?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom