THE CZickness L....Celebrating 50 threads with CZs, gunsmoke and serious discussion....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Apologies for interrupting the normal discussions…

Any opinions on what the going rate is these days for a Cajunized P07 Duty? I’ve been out of the pistol market for a while.
    A quick search of gunbroker shows 350 to 500, but probably 400ish for a regular p07. Approaching 600 for a threaded barrel, or a green one.
    Full CGW kit is $226, plus labor to install it.
    So 675 on the bottom end?
    I Firewhawk will take it!

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Morning all... :coffee:

If you looked in one of my freezers you would probably think I’m crazy. Last bacon purchase was 60 lbs. I’m scared of running out….

Wow and I thought I was bad! I have about 20lbs in my freezer as the Indiana Kitchen bacon I love has been on sale at Kroger off and on so I've stocked up.

Hey look! The cup fits perfectly under the powder funnel.

Give me a while to work on the flow rate and I’ll have a “recipe” worked up in no time.

Recipe. :-) You saw that word, gmcttr? :-)

753eeba3d8e934e82212998bbbf7395c.jpg

Have only done light testing so far, but the instructions say to only fill the cup 2/3 to 3/4 full. For me that was around 6.5 grams. When I get a chance I'll try it with a 6 oz brew to see if it's strong enough for my taste. Now to figure out how fine to grind it.

A quick search of gunbroker shows 350 to 500, but probably 400ish for a regular p07. Approaching 600 for a threaded barrel, or a green one.
    Full CGW kit is $226, plus labor to install it.
    So 675 on the bottom end?
    I Firewhawk will take it!

Used P-07 should be around $400. As above, count about $225 for parts, around $100 - 150 for labor. If buying with parts already installed I wouldn't pay more than $500 - $550 or so. I believe I paid $550 for mine used with the CGW pro pack installed, different sights and 3 mags. I really wanted the Duty model I bought, as it has mag compatibility with my P10C OR, which I have a lot of mags for. Great gun, you won't regret it if you buy one @ChristianPatriot

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    …I have to figure out how to tell my wife why the Witness is still in the gun cabinet and not listed in the classifieds…
    I run my house like the Army!! (don't ask, don't tell)
    I told her this morning I was buying the competition blue SP-01 for her and it’d be hers to train with.
    Remember how we talked about how long I've been married? I've been married long enough to know to not do that (but she has taken a long time to warm up to pistols in general)
    That went surprisingly well. I thought she’d be mad but she didn’t say a word the rest of day!
    5DE6048D-1657-4C99-B6F8-074076012EA7.jpeg

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Morning folks!

I'll agree with WTs estimate of $500 to $550 for an early P07 Duty that's been Cajunized. The early version loses the changeable back strap and front slide serrations but gains mag compatibility with 75B mags. I run Talon grip tapes on all of my P07s and P09s, and I don't remember if there were grip texture differences.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Morning folks!

I'll agree with WTs estimate of $500 to $550 for an early P07 Duty that's been Cajunized. The early version loses the changeable back strap and front slide serrations but gains mag compatibility with 75B mags. I run Talon grip tapes on all of my P07s and P09s, and I don't remember if there were grip texture differences.

The one I bought came with Talon Grips and I like them. Feels good in the hand. I had forgotten about the compatibility with 75B mags as well. No need to ever buy mags for this gun as I have a ton of 75B and P10C mags... :yesway:

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    So it sounds like the CGW kits don't really add to the value of a used gun compared to their original cost?
    Not many aftermarket parts do. In this case, they turn a $400 used pistol into a $550 one if the results were good. Not all upgrades come out beautifully. Some just turn mediocre into very nice unless the installer knows where to polish stuff. That's where the Wizard comes in

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    So it sounds like the CGW kits don't really add to the value of a used gun compared to their original cost?

When I look at a used gun, I usually figure I'll pay around half of what upgrades cost, added to the cost of the used gun. It also depends heavily on how much I want the gun. Others may and likely do use different calculations.

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County
    When I look at a used gun, I usually figure I'll pay around half of what upgrades cost, added to the cost of the used gun. It also depends heavily on how much I want the gun. Others may and likely do use different calculations.
    Some add in taxes, transfer fee if any and no 4473. Some guns also have some history behind them that can add some extra value as well. What would you pay for the last 1911 that CM had done? I am fortunate to own it and consider it priceless.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Some add in taxes, transfer fee if any and no 4473. Some guns also have some history behind them that can add some extra value as well. What would you pay for the last 1911 that CM had done? I am fortunate to own it and consider it priceless.

Yep, always different considerations. I don't own a CM 1911, so I'd pay a premium for such, if one ever came on the market. So it all depends on numerous factors.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Well, tried the metal keurig basket thing. It's okay. A little weak for me and without paper to filter the coffee, you get coffee oils that you don't normally get (like when using a french press). It wasn't bad, I just don't see myself using it a lot. Will say it was better than most of the coffee out of K-cups and would be cheaper I believe than the K-cups as well.

Firehawk

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Lebanon
    Well, tried the metal keurig basket thing. It's okay. A little weak for me and without paper to filter the coffee, you get coffee oils that you don't normally get (like when using a french press). It wasn't bad, I just don't see myself using it a lot. Will say it was better than most of the coffee out of K-cups and would be cheaper I believe than the K-cups as well.
    We noticed some coffees taste different from the keurig vs Aeropress. It also makes a difference how packed (dense) the grounds are. I fill our k cup to the fill line and then lightly tap on the counter to settle the grounds to a bit denser volume. It brews a bit stronger that way.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom