Not open for further replies.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I have a blend that I like. It is 1/3rd Gevalia chocolate :coffee: and 2/3rds Folgers Black Silk.
    It is strong enough and the Gevalia takes the bitter out of it. Hardly taste the chocolate at all.

Today I messed up the mix. Tastes like chocolate milk..............:n00b:

That sounds very interesting. I know what you mean, while I feel the Gevalia is a bit weaker than I'd like, it's definitely very smooth coffee. Mixing it the way you do does sound beneficial. I used to mix a cinnamon blend with a hazelnut blend and it came out tasting like a cinnamon butter cookie. Not as sweet as that makes it sound, but it was very good. Used to buy the coffee from a specialty shop. Bit expensive, but it was worth it. Now I just drink double black diamond from green mountain, either on the 8 oz setting when I first wake up and then the 6 oz setting for my second cup of the day. The only Keurig blend I could find that tasted strong enough to me.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Deep breath and exhale. It will be if that is your lifes path.

Yeah, I know. If it's going to be, it will be. I just have a hard time waiting to find out... :):

We have a gas log in the family room.I put a blower in it and it will heat the entire room well down into the sub-teens outdoor temps.
    The wood burner heats the main area of the house. Both together keeps my gas budget right where it has been for 5 years.

Very nice. We haven't really used the gas fireplace but once to test it out. The wife has made some noise about it, so I think I'll make sure it's working while she's at work and surprise her tonight.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    That sounds very interesting. I know what you mean, while I feel the Gevalia is a bit weaker than I'd like, it's definitely very smooth coffee. Mixing it the way you do does sound beneficial. I used to mix a cinnamon blend with a hazelnut blend and it came out tasting like a cinnamon butter cookie. Not as sweet as that makes it sound, but it was very good. Used to buy the coffee from a specialty shop. Bit expensive, but it was worth it. Now I just drink double black diamond from green mountain, either on the 8 oz setting when I first wake up and then the 6 oz setting for my second cup of the day. The only Keurig blend I could find that tasted strong enough to me.

I usually only have 2 cups in the morning. Big cups but usually just 2. Some days I drink the entire pot.

Seems when I mixed this up I did not stir it enough. I mix it a pound at a time.

All better now.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I usually only have 2 cups in the morning. Big cups but usually just 2. Some days I drink the entire pot.

Seems when I mixed this up I did not stir it enough. I mix it a pound at a time.

All better now.

I only get 2 cups normally, due to acid reflux. That's why I drink smaller cups (that and I like my coffee very strong). I wouldn't be able to get started in the morning without my :coffee:

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Morning folks! :coffee:

I bet I used almost 1000 rounds today.
    I'm jealous! I really need to do a day like that. I shot a bit on Friday, but only about 70 rounds so the afterglow did not get me much past lunch on Friday. I did do a bit of reloading yesterday evening though, so hopefully can get out to the range again this week.

My interview on Friday went very well, but now I'm going to be sitting here all week, a nervous wreck waiting on their call back. I'm asking for a high enough salary to put myself up a level, above where I'm at in my current position. I know I can do the work, I just need the hiring manager to see that I can do it. If so, it'll take my career to the next level. Place seemed pretty cool. Both managers I talked to and the CISO, who attended part of the interview, were all pretty new with the company. I like that because hopefully a lot of things are being shaken up and I can get in while decisions are being made and I can get lots of exposure to things I don't get to do now. The more experience I get with stuff, the better.

Now I'm sitting here like this :nailbite:

Have faith Tom. You are worth whatever the cost and hopefully they see that. As much as I'd hate to lose you as a coworker, I'm praying that this job comes through for you. You deserve that next step up in the career.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The last few range trips the spouse and I have made she shoots more than I do. I am coaching her back to a safe skill level and enjoy that as much as running my own guns. I did run the latest 1911 with success. It is on point now with the barrel re-fit.

I fear I am hitting a plateau. With my eyesight fluctuating like it does I do not see myself getting "Better" but I do need to maintain muscle memory and keep the skill sets where they are.

With the influence of BA and the Wizard I have become a better "Group" shooter.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Morning folks! :coffee:

I'm jealous! I really need to do a day like that. I shot a bit on Friday, but only about 70 rounds so the afterglow did not get me much past lunch on Friday. I did do a bit of reloading yesterday evening though, so hopefully can get out to the range again this week.

Have faith Tom. You are worth whatever the cost and hopefully they see that. As much as I'd hate to lose you as a coworker, I'm praying that this job comes through for you. You deserve that next step up in the career.

Thanks Tim, I appreciate that. I just feel constrained where we work and I'm hoping this position will help "break me out". We'll see.

I'm lucky, the afterglow of Saturday's range trip has lasted longer than most. It's always that way when I can share my guns with others :yesway:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I tend to drink coffee all morning long and will easily go through a 10 cup pot by myself if I'm working at home.

My 10 cup pot gives me 3 plus cups.
    If I only drink 2 it will maintain the remaining blend till the next morning. It will still be warm in the pot. Requires 1 minute in the Nuker and I have a cup to drink while the fresh is brewing up. Sounds icky but it really isn't.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Thanks Tim, I appreciate that. I just feel constrained where we work and I'm hoping this position will help "break me out". We'll see.

I'm lucky, the afterglow of Saturday's range trip has lasted longer than most. It's always that way when I can share my guns with others :yesway:

I love the afterglow. Thing is, life will only let me enjoy that for a brief period......:(

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    If I have something in the coffee pot from yesterday, I usually toss it in the fridge in a bottle I keep for iced coffee. If I'm home and starting to drag after lunch, iced coffee with lots of cream and sugar pick me right up.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    If I have something in the coffee pot from yesterday, I usually toss it in the fridge in a bottle I keep for iced coffee. If I'm home and starting to drag after lunch, iced coffee with lots of cream and sugar pick me right up.

I bet it does.....:):

Straight out of the cup for me. No cream/sugar.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    My 10 cup pot gives me 3 plus cups.
    If I only drink 2 it will maintain the remaining blend till the next morning. It will still be warm in the pot. Requires 1 minute in the Nuker and I have a cup to drink while the fresh is brewing up. Sounds icky but it really isn't.

I can't do that. The longer you leave the coffee on heat, the stronger the acid in the coffee from what I understand. I already have enough trouble from coffee. I did have a coffeemaker that poured into a thermos style carafe that worked pretty well. The coffee would stay just brewed hot for hours after brewing and would be lukewarm the next morning.

I love the afterglow. Thing is, life will only let me enjoy that for a brief period......:(

Yeah, normally it wears off for me quickly, but I got to share with my buddy and the RO and I took 5 guns as I was testing out the new range bag. That's extended the afterglow for me :D

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I can't do that. The longer you leave the coffee on heat, the stronger the acid in the coffee from what I understand. I already have enough trouble from coffee. I did have a coffeemaker that poured into a thermos style carafe that worked pretty well. The coffee would stay just brewed hot for hours after brewing and would be lukewarm the next morning.

Yeah, normally it wears off for me quickly, but I got to share with my buddy and the RO and I took 5 guns as I was testing out the new range bag. That's extended the afterglow for me :D

My :coffee: maker does not have a pot heater. It brews and maintains in a stainless insulated pot so not continuous heat. It is a lot less expensive to run as well.
    THat the left overs are still warm the next morning (warm not hot) is a testament to the design.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tweaver1500
    Top Bottom