• Status
    Not open for further replies.

maansmit

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    Greenfield
    How many do you have available and how much $ do you need for each?

Currently have around 150 or so. $0 is adequate compensation as they end up in the dumpster otherwise. Canterbc has expressed some interest in some so you may have to share. They are all 6' in length.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Morning again everyone! I did the range trip with 5 guns, but only shot three of them. The DW CCO, P07/40 and G21 got run a bit this morning. The CCO was perfect as usual as was the G**** gun. I'm pulling the G21 off of the chopping block now. I don't know why, but that thing was really nice to shoot today. Sure, it's not 1911 nice, but it ran well and was accurate under rapid fire. The CCO is a fantastic gun, but I think I need to shoot it more. I noticed that as I increased the rate of fire, I started to drop more shots than with the big G gun.

The P07 was interesting. I ran another 70 rounds through it. The changes today were that I went back to the factory hammer spring as well as stretching the spring on one of the mags. I got through 44 rounds before encountering the first FTF. That was on the non-stretched spring mag. Then, on round 61, I had another FTF but with the mag that had the stretched spring. The mag that did not have a stretched spring had 3 failures to lock the slide back as well and the stretched spring mag locked the slide back prematurely once.

Right now, I'm thinking that T-Dogg was right in suggesting stronger mag springs. Problem is, I have not seen anyone that offers stronger mag springs for the P07. I've not looked that hard yet though. I did notice that one of the rounds that jammed had a ding on the side of the projectile that looks like it could have been cause by contact with the slide release. I think that what's happening is that the gun is somewhat undersprung and that when the slide comes back hard against the stop, it's causing the bullet to move and contact the slide stop. Sometimes it rebounds with no issue, but other times it rebounds into the front lip of the magazine causing an FTF. With weak mag springs, there's not enough pressure to control the bullet under the recoil impulse. The stronger hammer spring helps to slow the slide down and improves the issue, but the gun is still in need of a stronger recoil spring. CGW offers 15# and 18# recoil springs and I have an 18# with guide rod right now. I read that the factory spring is 20#, so I was running that today but am wondering if it really is a 20# spring. I need to build a spring rate gauge to see exactly what my springs are running. Someday I'll get around doing that, but it won't happen just yet.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    We are always getting more too so there should be plenty to go around.
    I looked for RR ties a couple years back when I was setting up a little backyard 22 range. I couldn't find any so I ended up just getting from free dirt from a couple different places. Shoveled it all out of the back of a truck. Sucked bad.... I'd love to set up a better solution, but I don't shoot out there enough to worry about it. Need a better location to feel more comfortable.

maansmit

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    Greenfield
    I looked for RR ties a couple years back when I was setting up a little backyard 22 range. I couldn't find any so I ended up just getting from free dirt from a couple different places. Shoveled it all out of the back of a truck. Sucked bad.... I'd love to set up a better solution, but I don't shoot out there enough to worry about it. Need a better location to feel more comfortable.

If you change your mind, head this way and I can hook you up.

bjenkins

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 4, 2014
    jeffersonville
    google-plus-incoming_zpszejm2xxw.jpg
    That is cute BA did Rustys mom give you that?:lmfao::lmfao::rofl::lmfao::lmfao:psyko

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    benw
    Top Bottom