• Status
    Not open for further replies.

canterbc

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 13, 2012
    Noblesville
    Car guys: is it better to wash your car every day and let the underbody and everything else be wet daily or is it better to hold off on washing and let the salt sit on everything?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I always seem to wake up at 5:56.

I woke at 2:30 to stoke the wood stove. Laid back down and could not go to sleep. Back up at 3:30 and put myself to work on the 3 projects I am bidding on. That is what kept me awake anyway so what the hell.
    I put my numbers together and about 6:45 or so I went into re-sleep. Woke at 7:45 and felt like :poop:. I have been dragging ass all day.

I did get the work though. Should have bid higher.....:):

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Car guys: is it better to wash your car every day and let the underbody and everything else be wet daily or is it better to hold off on washing and let the salt sit on everything?
    Underbody is most important. If you can, do it once a week in this weather. Salt sitting anywhere is not good for a damn thing. If people realized what kind of damage salt did to the second biggest investment they make in life, we would not be salting roads....

canterbc

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 13, 2012
    Noblesville
    Wash it when you can.

Underbody is most important. If you can, do it once a week in this weather. Salt sitting anywhere is not good for a damn thing. If people realized what kind of damage salt did to the second biggest investment they make in life, we would not be salting roads....

I can take it through the wash daily if needed. I have an unlimited pass. The wash includes an underbody. I just didn't know if water sitting on it literally every single day would be worse than salt or not.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I can take it through the wash daily if needed. I have an unlimited pass. The wash includes an underbody. I just didn't know if water sitting on it literally every single day would be worse than salt or not.
    Just be sure to drive it after a wash to give the water a chance to dry out. You should be fine. Once a week at least if you care about your stuff. If I had an unlimited pass, I'd go everyday. :):

I can't afford to wash my junk very often. Haven't had time to wash and claybar the little beater s10 I bought in August. It needs it bad, I did rinse it last week. I hope I'll be able to give it a good wash, claybar, polish and wax. It may be a beater, but it's still a darn nice truck.

canterbc

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 13, 2012
    Noblesville
    My first car was a 1993 s10. Loved the thing. TERRIBLE gas mileage. You'd think with it being so small the mileage would be decent, but it was something like 8mpg. I'm sure something was wrong with it.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I'm sure being your first wheels had nothing to do with it. ;)

I don't even care about mpg. Just fill up when I need it. Only time I care is when I just filled the fun car up and the the daily also needs it... That gets expensive, but the fun car is stress relief, so it's worth it.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Sitting here debating with myself about selling a gun. I have four Cajunized compacts, two steel and two alloy. I have one steel frame that is still stock. I don't really see the point of upgrading it. Might be better to pass it along to someone else. It is an older model. The guy who owned it previously said he had some feeding problems with it but the Wizard and I have never had it hiccup on us. Of course, we put in a new recoil spring so that may have been it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom