88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Morning folks! :coffee:

Thanks for the link above BA! As much as I'd love to shoot that pistol, I could never see me bringing it home. The proprietary ammo is a deal killer for me. Now, the rifle in 6.5x55 Swiss is different. I have a Swedish Mauser hanging over my TV, so that one would be right at home here. I hate to think what it would cost if they imported them.

The case looks great Maan! I don't think I could fill all of those slots with everything I own in there including the mags from my son's airsoft pistols that are still hanging around here.

maansmit

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    Greenfield
    Morning folks! :coffee:

Thanks for the link above BA! As much as I'd love to shoot that pistol, I could never see me bringing it home. The proprietary ammo is a deal killer for me. Now, the rifle in 6.5x55 Swiss is different. I have a Swedish Mauser hanging over my TV, so that one would be right at home here. I hate to think what it would cost if they imported them.

The case looks great Maan! I don't think I could fill all of those slots with everything I own in there including the mags from my son's airsoft pistols that are still hanging around here.

It will be about 60% full with my current assortment of pistol mags. Wanted some room to grow.

canterbc

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 13, 2012
    Noblesville
    Maan - does that particular case have slots for AR mags or is it strictly for pistols? I have seen cases that can accommodate both and they interest me. Might be a good thing to have an assortment of loaded mags ready to go out the door at all times.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    You know, I had not really though about having a ready stash of mags before. That's a pretty good idea. I've seen CaseClub pistol mag inserts for .50 Cal ammo cans and imagine that something similar could be found for a ready set of AR mags.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN

maansmit

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    Greenfield
    Maan - does that particular case have slots for AR mags or is it strictly for pistols? I have seen cases that can accommodate both and they interest me. Might be a good thing to have an assortment of loaded mags ready to go out the door at all times.

I designed this one specifically for pistol mags. This was a custom foam layout.

I use the oversized MTM ammo cans for AR mags. I can get 28 of them in a can.

maansmit

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    Greenfield
    You know, I had not really though about having a ready stash of mags before. That's a pretty good idea. I've seen CaseClub pistol mag inserts for .50 Cal ammo cans and imagine that something similar could be found for a ready set of AR mags.

MTM makes some cases with foam for pistol and AR mags.

Tactical Mag Can by MTM Case-Gard - Plastic magazine can

Tactical Mag Can Mult Mag by MTM Case-Gard - magazine organizer

Tactical Mag Can 1911 by MTM Case-Gard - magazine storage can

Tactical Mag Can Handgun by MTM Case-Gard - double stack magazine storage can

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Good stuff guys. I think I'll order two or three of the 15 mag cans after Christmas. It will be nice to bring them back and organizing them after being scattered among range and rifle bags.

maansmit

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    Greenfield
    Good stuff guys. I think I'll order two or three of the 15 mag cans after Christmas. It will be nice to bring them back and organizing them after being scattered among range and rifle bags.

I thought about getting some of the AR ones but I can get almost double the number of mags in a can without the foam. Having those mags loose in an ammo can didn't bother me like the pistol mags did.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bball4life1234
    Top Bottom