• Status
    Not open for further replies.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I have three cerakote patterns/combinations whatever you want to call it, picked out. I have two stock guns currently and one that will be coming probably some time next week. The two guns I currently have aren't ones that will see a lot of carry. The one next week should if everything works out. I think I can be fairly certain that there will be more coming down the pike. Do I use these three patterns on the guns I have/will have or wait for ones that I will carry more?
    I myself prefer rocking the patina look. I'm a fan of different, too many dark colors start to all run together and are hard to tell apart in photos.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    When the P-10 comes out, I may pick one up. Otherwise I have a few guns I want to upgrade, but not really anything else I need to buy. If I get the new job, I might reward myself by sending in my Sig TacOps to Sig and have them do an Action Enhancement Package on it. Then for my birthday in March (my 50th), I'll get either the SP-01 or 75B cajunized. I'm more interested in tweaking what I have until they are all quality pieces before picking something else up.

Yes, taking what you have to it's pinnacle is always a worthy goal.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    When the P-10 comes out, I may pick one up. Otherwise I have a few guns I want to upgrade, but not really anything else I need to buy. If I get the new job, I might reward myself by sending in my Sig TacOps to Sig and have them do an Action Enhancement Package on it. Then for my birthday in March (my 50th), I'll get either the SP-01 or 75B cajunized. I'm more interested in tweaking what I have until they are all quality pieces before picking something else up.

I'm on the fence regarding the P10 right now. It really depends on the trigger though and if it's decent, I might trade my G23 for one. I have a fantastic holster for the G23 and the fact that the P10 would fit it makes letting the G23 go easier to think about.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Blued guns get better looking with carry, but the CZ polycoat finish needs a whole lot of patina before it gets that worn in look. Normal carry just seems to make the polycoat look beat up, but not in a good way. I wish CZ would use the DutyCoat stuff that DW uses on their 1911s. Or, the black oxide finish on the CZ 1911 would be great on a CZ 75.

The CZ finish doesn't look good with wear until it truly has wear...think the Beast or Rusty's RatRod. If they have moderate wear I want to get them refinished.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    True. I've found the Cerakote finish to be very durable. I think, if properly applied, they should hold up pretty well. But, what you say does make a lot of sense. The thing is, I will most probably cerakote them all, I will just do different patterns.

Well, if you're just going to do them all, then go for it.... :):

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I'm on the fence regarding the P10 right now. It really depends on the trigger though and if it's decent, I might trade my G23 for one. I have a fantastic holster for the G23 and the fact that the P10 would fit it makes letting the G23 go easier to think about.

I want to get one, but I know it won't be a gun I'm likely to keep around, so I might have to re-think my position. I just don't like striker fired poly guns and I prefer my guns to have safeties. If a great trigger sealed the deal, I'd still have my Walther PPQ.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I want to get one, but I know it won't be a gun I'm likely to keep around, so I might have to re-think my position. I just don't like striker fired poly guns and I prefer my guns to have safeties. If a great trigger sealed the deal, I'd still have my Walther PPQ.

I'm with you. With the notable exception of the Phantom, poly guns don't seem to hang around here for long.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I'm with you. With the notable exception of the Phantom, poly guns don't seem to hang around here for long.

Yep. I think the only reason I've kept my Shield so long is that it has a safety and is a great size for concealed carry. Even it doesn't get carried much as I prefer to carry the Legion.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Someone say, Rat Rod? I fondled her last night as I was putting the new AR pistol in the safe. I need to dig back into that one. Speaking of finishes, the bare aluminum frame RAMI is wearing nicely, I love the texture it has. It is giving itself a little bit of a polish where the frame contacts the leather holster, not bad. The beauty of the blasted finish, it can be touched up easily with a detail strip and a trip in the blaster.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Yep. I think the only reason I've kept my Shield so long is that it has a safety and is a great size for concealed carry. Even it doesn't get carried much as I prefer to carry the Legion.

I don't know how many P64s I've had for that reason. They are the perfect size. But, I always end up moving them along. :dunno:

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I don't know how many P64s I've had for that reason. They are the perfect size. But, I always end up moving them along. :dunno:

I keep wishing Sig would release a SAO P229 Legion. That would make me very happy. Alternatively, a CZ 75 Compact with a positive safety would be nice, but the safeties on the CZ's aren't positive enough for me. I fear the safety will engage or disengage on its own with CZ's, which keeps me from wanting to carry them. Love them as range guns though.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I keep wishing Sig would release a SAO P229 Legion. That would make me very happy. Alternatively, a CZ 75 Compact with a positive safety would be nice, but the safeties on the CZ's aren't positive enough for me. I fear the safety will engage or disengage on its own with CZ's, which keeps me from wanting to carry them. Love them as range guns though.

I live at the half cock notch. That's why I'm so picky about the DA triggers.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    RAMI is the perfect size for me. I don't see myself ever carrying anything else, unless whey come out with a sub compact P07. I thought I'd try to carry the P07, but I have no interest in even getting a holster for it yet. It's one of my winter goals and I had hoped to make it my heavy clothing gun when I'm out plowing or making snow angels.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom