[/URL][/IMG]

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I need to watch the thickness, because the RAMI already feels plenty big in my hand. I don't need to add any more thickness to it.

It's always tough finding the right grip if you can't try them before buying them. Years ago, my wife bought me a set of ultra-thin grips for one of my 1911s and as much as I tried, I could never get used to them. They were just too thin for me even though they looked like they would be perfect. I recently tried them on my Kimber over a set of Pierce finger groove grips and they are just right now. They still shave the width down to 1.10 from 1.24 with standard grips, but don't feel too skinny now.

With the Rami, I'm guessing you probably cannot go too thin since the gun itself has some size to it before the grips are even added.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    It's always tough finding the right grip if you can't try them before buying them. Years ago, my wife bought me a set of ultra-thin grips for one of my 1911s and as much as I tried, I could never get used to them. They were just too thin for me even though they looked like they would be perfect. I recently tried them on my Kimber over a set of Pierce finger groove grips and they are just right now. They still shave the width down to 1.10 from 1.24 with standard grips, but don't feel too skinny now.

With the Rami, I'm guessing you probably cannot go too thin since the gun itself has some size to it before the grips are even added.

True. The factory grips are fairly thin. I may have to stick with them.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom