• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Motorhead302

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Fulton County
    Patience finally paid off for T-DOGG today. Sometimes when you can't seem to s**t or get off the pot, life forces you to make a decision. So when my buddy text me this offer today, I decided. Damn it feels good to have this.

attachment.php
    i generally prefer rifles as stumpy as i can get them, except in the odd case of the m1a, which i think proportionally works better with the longer barrel. that being said, however, hnnnnnng.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Ha.........let me know.
    I might get ambitious tomorrow and tear into it. See what little I can do to improve it. Looks like the sides of the trigger could be polished to eliminate some grittiness where it's running on the frame. Might be able to bend the bow out a little to make it fit tighter, it's just rattling away now.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I might get ambitious tomorrow and tear into it. See what little I can do to improve it. Looks like the sides of the trigger could be polished to eliminate some grittiness where it's running on the frame. Might be able to bend the bow out a little to make it fit tighter, it's just rattling away now.

Hate that for you.
    Make sure the flat contact area on the back stays "Flat"

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Hate that for you.
    Make sure the flat contact area on the back stays "Flat"
    Will do. I wish SA made a standard stainless cmd. But for the price point really the only thing available right now is the Rugers. I'm happy with it, it wouldn't be the same if I didn't do a little work on it to make it 'mine'. I like projects, I'm sure it will undergo many changes as it transforms into my my vision of the perfect carry gun. If I run into trouble, I'll be in touch. I like to tackle things myself first, when I screw up, I'll bring you a box of parts and say "teach me". :):

IndyGlockMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Fishers
    CM can work wonders with those SR1911 Rugers.
    Probably just needs a little lov'n around the trigger and ignition parts.
    Some of that gritty feel may smooth as you shoot it and break it in.
    Run 500 through it and see how it feels

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Will do. I wish SA made a standard stainless cmd. But for the price point really the only thing available right now is the Rugers. I'm happy with it, it wouldn't be the same if I didn't do a little work on it to make it 'mine'. I like projects, I'm sure it will undergo many changes as it transforms into my my vision of the perfect carry gun. If I run into trouble, I'll be in touch. I like to tackle things myself first, when I screw up, I'll bring you a box of parts and say "teach me". :):

I have an ignition set (2 actually....1 MIM/1 forged EGW) in my stack of stuff.
    Not pushing you for work my friend as HVAC projects own me right now. Just giving you a nudge.....:stickpoke:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom