Not open for further replies.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Just found a way to get the new optic mounted on the Ruger scout.
    Rugers are hard as hell to put a good optic on.
    Which optic did you go with? My Scout is still without an optic right now. I do agree about the Scout being difficult to find an optic for. I've tried a scout scope, red dot and an Eotech, and so far, nothing has really grabbed me. I have a Bushnel AR PCL optic that might work even though the reticle is calibrated for .223 but lack the right rings to try it out. I'm squemish about spending money to try something that may suck though.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Hi 88. Not loving them unless I can tone the hot pink down somehow.

You know what we need? A grip exchange program. How many of us have multiple sets of grips for whatever pistol we are in love with. I've probably got a dozen sets of 1911 grips that I rotate through depending on what I like at any given time. Sometimes it's double diamond walnut, others its G10 and at other times, it's double diamond rubber. Then there are the Hogue grips, which I buy for just about everything.

One of my other hobbies is running old Fiat Spiders and the Fiat community has a valve adjustment shim exchange. When you need to do a valve adjustment, you figure out what size shims you need and then you request them from the group. If someone has them, they send them to you and you send them your old shims back in exchange.

On second thought, that works for shims because shims are a fungible asset. Grips are not. I don't know if I'd send my mammoth ivory grips out to someone in exchange for their stock RIA grips and ever expect to get them back.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    You know what we need? A grip exchange program. How many of us have multiple sets of grips for whatever pistol we are in love with. I've probably got a dozen sets of 1911 grips that I rotate through depending on what I like at any given time. Sometimes it's double diamond walnut, others its G10 and at other times, it's double diamond rubber. Then there are the Hogue grips, which I buy for just about everything.

One of my other hobbies is running old Fiat Spiders and the Fiat community has a valve adjustment shim exchange. When you need to do a valve adjustment, you figure out what size shims you need and then you request them from the group. If someone has them, they send them to you and you send them your old shims back in exchange.

On second thought, that works for shims because shims are a fungible asset. Grips are not. I don't know if I'd send my mammoth ivory grips out to someone in exchange for their stock RIA grips and ever expect to get them back.

I have bags of grips. Mostly OEM but I have bags of them. 1911's of course.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom