Not open for further replies.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I've been running the numbers on the build for my nephew and it looks like I should be able to keep it in budget. The gun is disassembled and I've been taking measurements. Right now, I'm thinking I may need to order a custom bushing for it since the total stack up for the barrel/busing and slide comes to .009". That's a bit more slop than I'd like to see in it. I have not done any measurements on the slide to frame fit yet, but do think it's a bit on the loose side. One thing I've been looking at is the finish I'll have done when the project is complete. I like the idea of an NP3 finish, but that kind of breaks the budget. Has anyone had any experience with 'Black Ice'? It's a teflon type finish that is supposed to product a gloss black finish but is not a sprayed on finish. It's supposed to be a metal treatment.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I've been running the numbers on the build for my nephew and it looks like I should be able to keep it in budget. The gun is disassembled and I've been taking measurements. Right now, I'm thinking I may need to order a custom bushing for it since the total stack up for the barrel/busing and slide comes to .009". That's a bit more slop than I'd like to see in it. I have not done any measurements on the slide to frame fit yet, but do think it's a bit on the loose side. One thing I've been looking at is the finish I'll have done when the project is complete. I like the idea of an NP3 finish, but that kind of breaks the budget. Has anyone had any experience with 'Black Ice'? It's a teflon type finish that is supposed to product a gloss black finish but is not a sprayed on finish. It's supposed to be a metal treatment.

Have heard of the finish but no direct experience with it.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yes I did, Looks awesome. Have you fired her yet?

Nope....just got the slide back today.
    If you look there is a relief cut along the slide, it has been flat topped since you saw it and there has been material removed inside to lighten it up.
    It is still very tight in lock up so it needs to be ran.

llh1956

CZ Wizard
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    Lawrence, IN.
    I am doing good after the heart attack Sunday evening. My wife Kathy saved my ass getting me to the ER fast!! We may have to start a cardiac gun kid club!! Thanks for the thoughts and prayers they helped alot:rockwoot:SD1, I may be in need of your midget stripper back rub!!! CM, I look forward to shooting the Green Monster 45!!

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    I am doing good after the heart attack Sunday evening. We may have to start a cardiac gun kid club!! Thanks for the thoughts and prayers they helped alot:rockwoot:SD1, I may be in need of your midget stripper back rub!!! CM, I look forward to shooting the Green Monster 45!!
    Midget strippers are ready whenever you need them! Some say they have "magic healing hands". By some I mean CM and BA!

GregD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Oct 7, 2009
    Madison County
    I am doing good after the heart attack Sunday evening. We may have to start a cardiac gun kid club!! Thanks for the thoughts and prayers they helped alot:rockwoot:SD1, I may be in need of your midget stripper back rub!!! CM, I look forward to shooting the Green Monster 45!!

Wizard, it is weird that it got all three of us.
    Have they told you about cardiac rehab ?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom