The [Current Year] General Political/Salma Hayek discussion thread, part 4!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Well, yeah. That's what politicians do. :)

Media (MSM and otherwise) need to prioritize. In the same time that he's made up this map thing, what are the things that we're NOT supposed to be paying attention to.

Actually, in other parts of government, its an ethical violation to divert government resources to personal profit, and its kinda a problem.
    There are apparently other instances where cabinet members have stayed at trump properties. It better have saved the .gov money, because it would be pretty stupid to try to get away with it otherwise.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    how does anyone know that Trump charged the government anything for the stay??????
    He's charged the US gov't rent before in Trump tower, so there's a certain precedent.

Plus, I'm not sure he's ever let someone stay in his hotels for free. Certainly could be wrong about that, but it is standard for the US gov't to pay for the lodging of elected officials and staff on official business.

Trump likes to get paid. US gov't pays for the places its people stay.

To put it another way, there are ethical rules about private citizens providing perks for elected officials without compensation. That's a whole different issue.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    He's charged the US gov't rent before in Trump tower, so there's a certain precedent.

Plus, I'm not sure he's ever let someone stay in his hotels for free. Certainly could be wrong about that, but it is standard for the US gov't to pay for the lodging of elected officials and staff on official business.

Trump likes to get paid. US gov't pays for the places its people stay.

To put it another way, there are ethical rules about private citizens providing perks for elected officials without compensation. That's a whole different issue.
    Not just elected officials.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    There are apparently other instances where cabinet members have stayed at trump properties. It better have saved the .gov money, because it would be pretty stupid to try to get away with it otherwise.

My understanding is that almost all of the notable travelers in the federal government have stayed in Trump properties - and paid him for the opportunity to do so.

I doubt any money has been saved, but I am interested to know what the delta is on that.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    There is absolutely nothing wrong with the Vice President of the United States staying at a nice place owned by the President of the United States.

The same people *****ing now would probably be *****ing if he stayed somewhere else too saying there must be something wrong.

What a crocK!

Let's say that I was ok, in theory, with Pence staying at Trump's resort in Ireland. The resort he stayed at was at Doonbeg. Doonbeg, is on the west coast of Ireland. Pence's meetings were in Dublin. Dublin is on the east coast of Ireland. There is 180 miles between the two. Pence's chief of staff says they stayed in Doonbeg for safety reasons. So apparently in the crime hub of Ireland, there's not anyplace between Dublin and Doonbeg where one could ensure the safety of the VP. Do you honestly buy that?

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Well, that's not the complete story anyway. Pence's forbears are from near Doonbeg, so he was hoping to travel some of those same areas.

I seriously don't begrudge him that.

The safety thing is a thin smokescreen, but whatevs.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Well, that's not the complete story anyway. Pence's forbears are from near Doonbeg, so he was hoping to travel some of those same areas.

That certainly would have been a better excuse than the safety garbage.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County

That was the reason given in the article I read.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    The Alabama hurricane thing isn’t anywhere near the Russian collusion lie that the msm kept pushing for the past 2 1/2 years.

They just wouldn’t let that one go.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    The Alabama hurricane thing isn’t anywhere near the Russian collusion lie that the msm kept pushing for the past 2 1/2 years.

They just wouldn’t let that one go.
    So, you're saying that Trump and the Russians made the hurricane strike the US?

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    So, you're saying that Trump and the Russians made the hurricane strike the US?
    Sure. Why not? I think Trump and the Russians colluded to eat up all the Popeyes chicken sandwiches.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom