The [Current Year] General Political/Salma Hayek discussion thread, part 4!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    I work on instrumentation and control systems.
    Instrument failure has always been a problem for humans, and even more of a problem for automation systems.
    This is nothing new.

So, to fix things, you make them more complicated.
    But more complicated means you are introducing even more failure points.

Ah statistics, my old nemesis! By making something more complicated you reduce the chance that the entire things will fail, but increase the chance that one thing will fail.

The military fights this all the time. Old tech would often break down leaving the vehicle inoperable, but it was fairly easy to repair, and so long as nothing was wrong, it was 100% operational. New vehicles, are seldom at 100% operational capability, but nearly all of them are operating at some level of capability.

So, when the brass is telling you that your whatever needs to be at XX% operational capacity, what does that mean?

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    https://www.apnews.com/d318a84d6e614b44931feb1a469be66b

Anthony Weiner has to register as a sex offender... this does not bode well for the Weiner/Holder 2020 presidential ticket.

Thanks, PC! From the article, I found this amusing:

A New York City judge designated Weiner a Level 1 offender under the state’s version of what’s known as Megan’s Law, meaning that he is thought to have a low risk of reoffending.

I guess the judge concluded Weiner will get off the merry-go-round after this, his third trip around. :)

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Thanks, PC! From the article, I found this amusing:

I guess the judge concluded Weiner will get off the merry-go-round after this, his third trip around. :)

Given what he gave up for whatever sexual thrill he got from texting pictures of his junk to teen girls, I kinda think he's not done. It's more like he just can't help himself. I mean, what does he have left to lose now?

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    56922849_10216850894338502_5967830416109862912_n.jpg

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    This one needs to be filed next to Hank "Guam might tip over" Johnson, Carolyn "shoulder thing that goes up" McCarthy, and Barack "57 states" Obama.

Maxine Waters, chair of the House Financial Services Committee, grilled several large bank CEOs asking what they were going to do about the explosion in student loan defaults.
    2009: $155B
    2017: $1,100B
    2019: $1,500B (est)
    The problem? The Obama administration nationalized the student loan system in 2010 as part of ObamaCare. Each of the bank CEOs stated that they have been out of the student lending business for a long time forcing Waters to change the subject.

[video=youtube;a-1NlK_c3ag]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-1NlK_c3ag[/video]

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    Well, according to her own biography, she "is considered by many to be one of the most powerful women in American politics today."

And it must be true... it's on the first line of her waters.house.gov biography.

So, how dare them to not answer her question. And it's not like she's been on this committee since at least 1998:

http://archives-financialservices.house.gov/banking/fcmem105.shtml

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    This one needs to be filed next to Hank "Guam might tip over" Johnson, Carolyn "shoulder thing that goes up" McCarthy, and Barack "57 states" Obama.

Maxine Waters, chair of the House Financial Services Committee, grilled several large bank CEOs asking what they were going to do about the explosion in student loan defaults.
    2009: $155B
    2017: $1,100B
    2019: $1,500B (est)
    The problem? The Obama administration nationalized the student loan system in 2010 as part of ObamaCare. Each of the bank CEOs stated that they have been out of the student lending business for a long time forcing Waters to change the subject.

[video=youtube;a-1NlK_c3ag]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-1NlK_c3ag[/video]

she is a idiot....

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Usually Tim's language is pretty tame, but he slipped in a M'Fer.
    So... minor language warning.

[video=youtube;EmfVuagvfnA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmfVuagvfnA[/video]

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom