The [Current Year] General Political/Salma Hayek discussion thread, part 4!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    I wouldn't call 1/64th to 1/1024th a very definitive test. Maybe it's actually 1/1000000024th. Who Knows? And unless you're in the official Tribe records, you're not 'in' the Tribe. People want to bring back the "One Drop" rule when it suits their purpose. Look it up.

I have no American Indian. My wife is 1/8.

The point is, Donald lost the bet. He'll welch on the bet for sure, because that's just who he is.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I have no American Indian. My wife is 1/8.

The point is, Donald lost the bet. He'll welch on the bet for sure, because that's just who he is.

tenor.gif

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    RE: Whatshername's "Indian" heritage:
    First, this is a stupid issue. It is stupid that it is an issue. It is stupid that people are making it an issue.

Second, that Trump, at a political rally, offered something means absolutely nothing. He promised to build walls, repeal obamacare, and protect the 2A, just as examples. He hasn't done any of those things. Not sure what made people think he would seriously pay $1M for a stupid thing.

Third, I don't recall her taking him up on it. ;) I don't think even SHE had any idea. You can't take a bet MONTHS later that someone threw out there. If she'd want to take him up on it, she should've done it the very next day. Publicly.

I'm reminded of the scene in Guys and Dolls when Bat Masterson avoids taking the bet Nathan Detroit wants to parlay....

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    It is stupid, unless she used it to further her career, taking advantage of 'diversity' or affirmative action. Also, I saw a headline, believe it was on the Boston Globe site, that said she was calling him out on the Million dollar pledge. Boston Globe wanted me to pay money to see the story, since I had already read 1 article. HA HA, like I'm going to pay to read that ****!

RE: Whatshername's "Indian" heritage:
    First, this is a stupid issue. It is stupid that it is an issue. It is stupid that people are making it an issue.

Second, that Trump, at a political rally, offered something means absolutely nothing. He promised to build walls, repeal obamacare, and protect the 2A, just as examples. He hasn't done any of those things. Not sure what made people think he would seriously pay $1M for a stupid thing.

Third, I don't recall her taking him up on it. ;) I don't think even SHE had any idea. You can't take a bet MONTHS later that someone threw out there. If she'd want to take him up on it, she should've done it the very next day. Publicly.

I'm reminded of the scene in Guys and Dolls when Bat Masterson avoids taking the bet Nathan Detroit wants to parlay....

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    He uses DNA from south of the border to test for native American ancestry because of perceived migration patterns. Well many experts now dont believe in this migration pattern from the bering straight. So Im Saying I think his method or baseline for the test is flawed
    10 generations back one of Warren's ancestors porked an Indian so now shes native American? Na, I dont think thats how it works.
    I have a direct and closer line that that to George Washington, so when can I move into mount Vernon?

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    It is stupid, unless she used it to further her career, taking advantage of 'diversity' or affirmative action. Also, I saw a headline, believe it was on the Boston Globe site, that said she was calling him out on the Million dollar pledge. Boston Globe wanted me to pay money to see the story, since I had already read 1 article. HA HA, like I'm going to pay to read that ****!

IMHO, it is STILL a stupid issue.

So what if she did "use" it to "further her career." If anything, it highlights the absurdity of the entire paradigm that's developed.

I have a buddy who is half [checkbox for minority status]. Dude is brilliant. Like, REALLY really smart. He checked the box because it was factually correct. That allowed his future employer to check a corresponding box showing how diverse they are. Truly, it shouldn't have mattered because the guy was smart/good enough to get the job without it. If anything, he was doing his future employer a favor, because I'm nearly certain they were going to hire him anyway.

We should ALL check any box that might apply. When every little thing matters, then nothing matters (or something like that).

And give me a break. It isn't like she's some sort of real, actual threat to Trump based on this... or anything else. Trump is right about one thing: if she ends up running for POTUS, she'll be an easy win. IMHO, Trump is giving her MORE credit by actually engaging with her.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    If he continues to focus on Warren, I'll quickly become worried about what he DOESN'T want us to talk about.

I mean, this seems like it is becoming the Trump Distraction Device. If there's something he doesn't want to make the news, he'll create a personal vendetta with someone knowing that the MSM will cover that to the exclusion of all else!

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    If he continues to focus on Warren, I'll quickly become worried about what he DOESN'T want us to talk about.

I mean, this seems like it is becoming the Trump Distraction Device. If there's something he doesn't want to make the news, he'll create a personal vendetta with someone knowing that the MSM will cover that to the exclusion of all else!

It's kinda brilliant, actually.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    It's kinda brilliant, actually.

Well, it isn't exactly new, though. ;)

The first time I really put it together was with Clinton sending cruise missiles whenever there was a new development in the impeachment process.

In the greater scheme of things, Trump's version is less violent.

Until he starts grabbing Warren by the....

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Well, it isn't exactly new, though. ;)

The first time I really put it together was with Clinton sending cruise missiles whenever there was a new development in the impeachment process.

In the greater scheme of things, Trump's version is less violent.

Until he starts grabbing Warren by the....
    Or like blaming Benghazi and the inaction of the president and secretary of state, on a internet video instead of the terrorist they knew it was.
    **** if that's all it takes to get the coward Muslim terrorists to come out and fight then I'm gonna start hosting a mohamed coloring contest Weekly. Bring it *****es .

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Or like blaming Benghazi and the inaction of the president and secretary of state, on a internet video instead of the terrorist they knew it was.

Uh... actually, that's a totally different thing. :)

That's like Trump leaking something himself then blaming someone else. ;)

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    If this minuscule percentage of DNA is all it takes to "be" a member of an ethnic group, there's gonna be a huge increase in the number of people who can now use the N-word.

:):

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Well, he called her Pochahantas and threw out a bet. All this is his doing. I'm not fond of Warren on most of her politics, but the lady does understand how the average consumer gets hosed by financial institutions.

Trump lost the bet.

Pay up.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    Well, he called her Pochahantas and threw out a bet. All this is his doing. I'm not fond of Warren on most of her politics, but the lady does understand how the average consumer gets hosed by financial institutions.

Trump lost the bet.

Pay up.

$600.00

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Great-Grandmother ... came from the ohio area, died when grandma was young
    1/2 or 1 full NA (not exactly sure, we error on the side of caution with 1/2)

So what am I?
    (hint: about 1000 times more NA than warren)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom