• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    Terry Bradshaw must be 4 times better than Waterhead Manning. Jim Plunkett is twice as good as Waterhead. You know, based on how many times they've won the biggest game in the NFL.

Eli has two rings in as many appearances, against a guy his brother had a hard time beating. What's that record for Manning, 4-9? Only one of those in the playoffs?

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    I don't know how the ref's missed that, and I'd have to agree with you to a point.
    Ripping off the helmet is, and should be a major penalty. Head-butting a player WITHOUT a helmet should be grounds for the Colts organization to cancel his contract.

Even if they couldn't get out of the contract legally, I think they should do whatever it takes to put that player off of the Colts roster for good.

I definitely see a fine coming with that one, $17k minimum.

SeaCaptain49

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2013
    Home
    Oh you mean Superbowl Champion and future Hall of Famer "one-and-out" Manning? Same guy??

Yes, that's the guy. 9-11 playoff record, the majority being one-and-done. His little brother, who will likely never make the HOF, has twice the Superbowl wins.

Peyton Manning might just be the greatest regular season quarterback who ever played. Unfortunately, his playoff record takes a back seat to people like Jim Plunkett.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Oh yeah, about the head butt...King Roger will definitely be taking a look at that. Wallet will be quite a bit lighter for sure. I'd say treat it like Suh's stomping and suspend the guy 2 games. He is making 3 million this year. Maybe 2 weeks pay will remind him he needs to act like he has been there before.

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    Yes, that's the guy. 9-11 playoff record, the majority being one-and-done. His little brother, who will likely never make the HOF, has twice the Superbowl wins.

Peyton Manning might just be the greatest regular season quarterback who ever played. Unfortunately, his playoff record takes a back seat to people like Jim Plunkett.

When Manning was the Colts QB, I backed him, but his playoff record was annoying. As ^ said, he is a great regular season QB.....

As for the Colts, I am holding out hope that this will be like the 2006 season when the Colts sucked throughout the regular season, but made it into the playoffs. They somehow got it together and ended up winning the whole thing.

gunowner930

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    Quarterbacks don't win championships by themselves. None of them. Tom Brady was statistically average to above average for his three rings. Those Patriots teams beat you with defense and running. The Pats haven't won a SB since Brady starting lighting up the stat sheets in 2007. If we only look at rings then Trent Dilfer is better than Dan Marino, Joe Flacco and Ben Roethlisberger are better than Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees, and Peyton Manning. Let's take a look at some of Manning's playoff failures:

1999: Overachieving 13-3 Colts beaten by better 13-3 Titans team in the Divisional Round
    2000: Colts have a chance to beat the Dolphins on the road in regulation but Mike Vanderjagt misses a FG, and the Colts go on to lose in OT.
    2002: Blasted 41-0 by the Jets. Pathetic team loss
    2003: Offense looks like unstoppable in beating the Broncos and Chiefs before losing to a better Patriots team in the AFC Championship
    2004: See 2003
    2005: Starters sit 4 weeks before playing and look like garbage for 3 quarters against a Steelers team they crushed earlier in the season. Game could have went to OT but Vanderjagt misses another clutch FG
    2006: Colts defense gets hot for playoffs, Manning plays a great 2nd half in the AFC Championship to rally the Colts from a 21-3 deficit. Superbowl win against the Bears
    2007: Home loss to a Chargers team with Billy Volek at QB. Should have had this one
    2008: Another loss to an 8-8 Chargers team. Colts control most of the game only give a game tying FG in regulation and an OT TD without Manning touching the ball
    2009: Colts dominate Ravens and Jets. Jets had a top-ranked defense which Manning and the offense dominated. In the Superbowl the Saints really turned momentum with the onside kick at halftime and Caldwell made some stupid calls like calling for 2 50+ yd FG tries for Matt Stover who was money inside of 40 but hadn't made a kick longer than 50 all year. The pick 6 at the end of the game was bad but Porter made a great play when he jumped that route.
    2010: This Colts team wasn't that good. Darrelle Revis took Reggie Wayne out of this game, Dallas Clark was out for the year, and still Manning took the team down the field for a go-ahead FG. The Colts D allows that idiot Mark Sanchez to return the favor and knock them out of the playoffs.
    2012: Broncos have a 7 pt lead with under 1 min, Ravens have no timeouts and 75 yds to tie. An NFL defense should never ever give up a play over the top in this situation, coverage was blown, and John Fox runs the clock out for OT instead of trying to get in FG range with all three timeouts. Peyton throws an INT in OT but this game never should have went to OT.

Peyton hasn't been perfect in the playoffs and has had some bad moments, but he has also had some very good moments along with some bad luck and bad play around him. It is easy for a lot of Colts fans to point the finger at Manning's playoff record now that he is gone. However, as a Colts fan i place more blame with Bill Polian for never putting a better team around him, specifically on defense. Special Teams were completely neglected throughout the Polian/Dungy/Caldwell era. Manning masked a very poor O-line since 2008, not coincidentally the running game during the Manning era sucked after that.

gunowner930

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    Just an observation. Has there actually been an NFL/Colts discussion on INGO without the inevitable and unrelated responses regarding corporate welfare?

Top Bottom