• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Darrell Hammond has brought Kentucky Fried Chicken's founder and symbol back to life. He is, at the same time, both hilarious and creepy.

I like the commercials and they make me want to eat Kentucky Fried Chicken. This is interesting because they have sucked for a long, long time. Let's hope the new ad campaign leads to a product similar to what made them famous years ago.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    I think it's a hideous impersonation, almost reminds me of Don Davis (Don's Guns). I shan't be patronizing those establishments until they stop, and I am one of those gadflies that send email messages to express my scorn.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    I think that the ads are hilarious. The new Colonel is just so freaking weird and overdone. I'm sure it's intentional.

I don't like fried chicken though.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I think it is genius to bring back the Colonel. Do I want to eat there... not really, the food still sucks, and there is better chicken just as close, but the commercials and bringing back the Colonel should have been done a long time ago. Chicken in the bucket, Chicken in the beans...

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    If they want to get back to the way they used to be, they should quit selling all the other crap besides the chicken and the basics, and GET RID of those ****ty biscuits and go back to the little square rolls they had years ago!

The Colonel is probably rolling in his grave over what they've done to his restaurant, just like Dave Thomas is over how the new blood has ruined Wendys.*

disclaimer: I don't even eat fast food or fried chicken anymore, it just pisses me off to see what was once a good product be destroyed by a new generation of "thinkers".

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I get a good laugh from the commercials. Can't wait until someone from the "South" though gets their panties in a wad about unfair stereotypes, etc.

Henryville? I haven't seen any protests yet.

I've always found it slightly odd that there is no KFC in the town he was born in.

Anyway, yeah, stupid commercials. Popeye's is my fast food fried chicken on the rare occasion that I have such, anyway.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Henryville? I haven't seen any protests yet.

I've always found it slightly odd that there is no KFC in the town he was born in.

Anyway, yeah, stupid commercials. Popeye's is my fast food fried chicken on the rare occasion that I have such, anyway.

LOL...good point. I was thinking a little further south where things are a little more sensitive right now.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    The colonel is most creepy, but the new chicken tenders are most delicious. And the FLG (Finger Licking Good) sauce is very tasty.

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Darrell Hammond has brought Kentucky Fried Chicken's founder and symbol back to life. He is, at the same time, both hilarious and creepy.

I like the commercials and they make me want to eat Kentucky Fried Chicken. This is interesting because they have sucked for a long, long time. Let's hope the new ad campaign leads to a product similar to what made them famous years ago.

It is creepy, my first job outside of family was a Gino's Kentucky Fried Chicken Restaurant, the Colonel stopped in twice while I worked there and he was nothing like these TV ads. This new guy is like a molester / oily salesman mixed into one person.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    I had no idea that was Darrell Hammond in the new commercials until you told us in your post.
    Yeah, a bit offbeat, as one would expect from a commercial featuring DH.
    However, a I think they deserve a huge :yesway: for reclaiming their original name (eschewing the "KFC" label of the last twenty years or so) of "Kentucky Fried Chicken."
    That alone bodes well for the future of a company that made chicken that even my late great grandma said was hard to beat, a huge compliment from a true wizard of cooking.

Top Bottom