• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Ok. So, most likely he pulled the trigger 3 times. That ain't good if we're going with an accidental shooting theory.

Per the reports, hitting Kinsey was an accident, the officer intended to fire. 3 rds fired 1 round hit one person. I can believe it.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    When is the last time? I dunno. I lived in Florida for 10 years through 2004. I've been down there more than a few times. It was known as one of the more corrupt cities in Florida. Mayor in prison. Lots of local Cuban businessmen in the pokey too.

Since you can google, hook the words "FBI" and "North Miami" into the search field.

Actually, I'm a little deaf, but I hear quite well at 50 yards. I just had a 265 pound black male in the shop today for a CZ. Next time he's around, I'll have him lay in the middle of the street with his arms raised, and I'll back off 50 yards and report back to you on the results. I'll put a blowup doll with a matchbox racer next to him for realism.

How do you "appear" to be loading a magazine into a Tonka Truck? Did someone else give him the go ahead to shoot and was that person closer than 50 yards? If so, what kind of gun does a Tonka Truck emulate?

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    I don't blame the cop, he aimed his gun right where he wanted it.
    I blame the bullet. It went and hit the wrong guy.

That Bullet dun ****ed up.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Actually, I'm a little deaf, but I hear quite well at 50 yards. I just had a 265 pound black male in the shop today for a CZ. Next time he's around, I'll have him lay in the middle of the street with his arms raised, and I'll back off 50 yards and report back to you on the results. I'll put a blowup doll with a matchbox racer next to him for realism.

How do you "appear" to be loading a magazine into a Tonka Truck? Did someone else give him the go ahead to shoot and was that person closer than 50 yards? If so, what kind of gun does a Tonka Truck emulate?

You probably have better hearing than me then. At 50 yards I'd probably have a hard time understanding what someone was yelling. Especially when there are others yelling between us. Also there is something called auditory exclusion that happens during an adrenaline dump.

I don't know. How does a cell phone appear to be a gun? The way he was turning all around and playing with it, I could see someone who was told it was a gun think they thought it was being loaded.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    In the videos he is obviously having a conversation with law enforcement. I don't think hearing was the problem.

The cops are not 50 yards away, either. Probably less than 30.

https://youtu.be/XEJpRGIDbhY

Shoot the "wrong guy", then handcuff the "wrong guy", apply no first aid and leave him baking on the Miami pavement.

And this is OK?

============

I don't know why this shooting angers me so much. But it does. I also know that this is unlikely ever to occur in Indianapolis or Greenwood. I've got a lot of respect for the local forces.

Last edited:

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Sometimes it's better to just admit you made a mistake, accept responsibility, and face whatever consequences are deemed appropriate.

Agreed and reped.

I'd be interested to see what their firearms training or FOF training (if any) looks like.

I'd be interested also, although I did read that crisis intervention training isn't required in North Miami. And that the union rep didn't know if the officer had had any.

In the videos he is obviously having a conversation with law enforcement. I don't think hearing was the problem.

The cops are not 50 yards away, either. Probably less than 30.

https://youtu.be/XEJpRGIDbhY

Shoot the "wrong guy", then handcuff the "wrong guy", apply no first aid and leave him baking on the Miami pavement.

And this is OK?

Here is a better video of it, how well can you hear the officer?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbBsHWMb9SY

Yes I referred to that officer although I put him at around 20. How many other officers do you see? Or police cars? Reports say that the officer that shot was behind his car.

And when did I ever say it was okay? Although if any of the LEOs here can confirm or deny, I think it is common practice to handcuff everyone until it gets sorted out.

Last edited:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    This. Wish I could hit you with the reps... but I dun runned out.

62239442.jpg

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    I'm just wondering who had the bright idea that "No, we didn't mean to shoot the black guy, we meant to shoot the autistic guy." was going to win any favor in the court of public opinion.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    When in doubt, go with the truth.

And honestly, the events of the last few weeks actually make it seem more palatable to PR people.

mcjon77

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2013
    The Miami Herald has a piece to the story that I have not heard anywhere else.

Officer who shot healthcare worker Charles Kinsey, named | Miami Herald
    North Miami police on Friday released Aledda’s name and said he had been placed on administrative leave, which is standard procedure for police-involved shootings. The city also placed officer Emile Hollett on unpaid leave for giving misleading statements during the investigation.

I REALLY want to know what that other officer said. What where is misleading statements? Was he trying to make a case that Kinsey was somehow a threat (not knowing about the video)? THIS might turn out to be the bigger issue in the case.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    So I didn't get to see the video of the chief's statement. But the Congresswoman should be ashamed of herself. She wasn't offering support, she was trying to incite a riot while simultaneously getting free media exposure leading up to an election. Disgusting.

The union rep was a joke. He looked and acted like a mid-level mafia crony from a '70's mob film. And his statement was such a sham.

I'm glad the victim is ok. I kinda want to congratulate him on his newfound financial independence. I might be willing to take one in the leg for the check he's getting. Kidding aside, this could have turned out way worse for him. Glad it didn't.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I'm sure some INGO members are feverishly surfing the internet for the prior mistakes this man made, to justify shooting him.

So white guy is who the complaint was called in on, and yet the black guy gets shot. I'd love to hear the 911 call of the person that called in.

By all accounts, there was zero justification for this shooting.

By all accounts, there was absolutely nothing racial about this shooting. It appears to be nothing more than a jumpy, trigger-happy police officer who made a bad shoot.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    By all accounts, there was zero justification for this shooting.

By all accounts, there was absolutely nothing racial about this shooting. It appears to be nothing more than a jumpy, trigger-happy police officer who made a bad shoot.

Oh stop being so logical. We all know it was a racial thing. /purple

Top Bottom